* [Worg] some issues
@ 2011-01-16 12:32 Achim Gratz
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-01-16 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

A few things I noted today while I was browsing around Worg:

1. The sitemap and siteindex links point to the root of the webserver,
instead they should point to subdirectory worg.

2. The "sources" directory seems to exist, albeit apparently it is
empty.  All links into it that I've tried are dead.

3. The RSS feed link doesn't seem to work and in any case points to
repo.or.cz as its source.

4. Listing of directories is forbidden, but several links to these exist
(e.g. "code/").

5.Several unencoded "&" in URL.

6. Some CSS errors ("grey" instead of "gray" as color name, some CSS
elements that don't exist in the specified version 2.1).

I can recommend using the Multivalidator favelet from Tantek Çelik:
http://tantek.com/favelets/

Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: [Worg] some issues
@ 2011-01-16 19:24 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-01-16 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> 1. The sitemap and siteindex links point to the root of the webserver,
> instead they should point to subdirectory worg.

Thanks. Should be fixed now.

> 3. The RSS feed link doesn't seem to work and in any case points to
> repo.or.cz as its source.

These links are supposed to point to repo.or.cz, as the feeds (a
syndicated git log) are generated there. I think I fixed the links; we
should be able to tell in an hour or so.

Worg does not have its own syndication.

Best,
Matt

* Re: [Worg] some issues
@ 2011-01-17 17:46 ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-01-17 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> 1. The sitemap and siteindex links point to the root of the webserver,
> instead they should point to subdirectory worg.

Matt addressed this.

> 2. The "sources" directory seems to exist, albeit apparently it is
> empty.  All links into it that I've tried are dead.

It exists and is populated now (someone else fixed it?).  I turned on
directory indexing for that directory.

> 3. The RSS feed link doesn't seem to work and in any case points to
> repo.or.cz as its source.

Matt addressed this.

> 4. Listing of directories is forbidden, but several links to these exist
> (e.g. "code/").

I turned on directory indexing for that directory.

> 5.Several unencoded "&" in URL.

This is due to the rss2js URL:

$ curl -s http://orgmode.org/worg/ | sed -n '370p'
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://itde.vccs.edu/rss2js/feed2js.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Frepo.or.cz%2Fw%2FWorg.git%3Fa%3Drss&chan=n&num=10&desc=0&date=n&targ=n" type="text/javascript"></script>

I think Bastien plans on moving the Worg repo to new server, so we can
re-generate that URL without the unencoded ampersands when that happens.
We should also change the RSS feed mentioned #3 above when that happens.

> 6. Some CSS errors ("grey" instead of "gray" as color name, some CSS
> elements that don't exist in the specified version 2.1).
>

> I can recommend using the Multivalidator favelet from Tantek Çelik:
> http://tantek.com/favelets/

We should wait for the Worg re-design before working on this.

Thanks for reporting those issues,
Jason

* Re: [Worg] some issues
@ 2011-01-17 17:48 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-17 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> 2. The "sources" directory seems to exist, albeit apparently it is
> empty.  All links into it that I've tried are dead.

Looks like it's not empty:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/

> 5.Several unencoded "&" in URL.

Can you provide links/patches for this?  (Or maybe even ask Matt for a
push access to Worg.  Those problems are easy to fix when spotted but
they are not easy to find when mentioned...)

> 6. Some CSS errors ("grey" instead of "gray" as color name, some CSS
> elements that don't exist in the specified version 2.1).

I fixed the s/grey/gray problem, thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [Worg] some issues
@ 2011-01-17 19:10   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-01-17 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:
>> 2. The "sources" directory seems to exist, albeit apparently it is
>> empty.  All links into it that I've tried are dead.
>
> Looks like it's not empty:

Jason or Matt already fixed it, thank you.

>> 5.Several unencoded "&" in URL.
>
> Can you provide links/patches for this?  (Or maybe even ask Matt for a
> push access to Worg.  Those problems are easy to fix when spotted but
> they are not easy to find when mentioned...)

The Google and the RSS link on the top page.  I know it looks wierd, but
it is actually correct to use entities like &amp; there... and except
for some braindead bots if you click that link it will be automagically
correct.

Achim.

* Re: [Worg] some issues
@ 2011-01-17 19:35   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-01-17 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:
[...]

Bastien mentioned requesting push access to Worg from you...  I've
actually created an SSH key on repo.or.cz for this a while back (but
never requested push access to Worg), how does this work on the new
Worg?  I keep this question on the orgmode list since the answer will
probably be of interest to other would-be-Worgers.

Achim.

* Re: Re: [Worg] some issues
@ 2011-01-17 20:10     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-17 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:
> [...]
>
> Bastien mentioned requesting push access to Worg from you...  I've
> actually created an SSH key on repo.or.cz for this a while back (but
> never requested push access to Worg), how does this work on the new
> Worg?

Worg hasn't been migrated to the new server, yet: pushing from your
Worg clone should work as usual.

As Jason said, there is a plan to migrate Worg.git to the new server but
it's a bigger move than migrating org-mode.git since there are many more
people involved.

As everyone can see, I'm still catching up with old emails/requests and
I don't want to migrate Worg before I've found my maintainance "rhythm"!

So please bare with me on this.

Thanks!

> I keep this question on the orgmode list since the answer will
> probably be of interest to other would-be-Worgers.

PS: The process of migrating requires Worgers to send me their public
key: so if would-be-Worgers don't mind to send it twice, they can open
an account on repo.or.cz... otherwise, they can safely submit patches.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [Worg] some issues
@ 2011-01-18  4:55     ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-01-18  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:
> [...]
>
> Bastien mentioned requesting push access to Worg from you...  I've
> actually created an SSH key on repo.or.cz for this a while back (but
> never requested push access to Worg), how does this work on the new
> Worg?  I keep this question on the orgmode list since the answer will
> probably be of interest to other would-be-Worgers.

If you've already created an ssh key on repo.or.cz, then all you need to
do is email me your user name and I'll grant push access.

As Bastien noted, the repo is still stored on repo.or.cz, so the process
of granting push access has not changed.

Best,
Matt