* backend specific preprocess hook
@ 2011-08-08 14:28 suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-08 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Orgers,

I wanted to do some preprocessing based on headline tags (set some
properties), before export[1]. But I want to do this only for specific
backends (html/latex). How can I achieve this?

Footnotes:

[1] IIUC I have to customise the `org-export-preprocess-hook'?

--
Suvayu

* Re: backend specific preprocess hook
@ 2011-08-18 17:17 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-18 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Suvayu,

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> I wanted to do some preprocessing based on headline tags (set some
> properties), before export[1]. But I want to do this only for specific
> backends (html/latex). How can I achieve this?

Yes.

> [1] IIUC I have to customise the `org-export-preprocess-hook'?

Yes, and test against `org-export-current-backend' to see whether you
are exporting to HTML or LaTeX.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: backend specific preprocess hook
@ 2011-08-18 22:03   ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-18 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bastien,

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>> [1] IIUC I have to customise the `org-export-preprocess-hook'?
>
> Yes, and test against `org-export-current-backend' to see whether you
> are exporting to HTML or LaTeX.

I have this working now. Works great. I should have reported back with
my solution:

(defun my-org-export-preprocess-hook ()
  "My backend specific export preprocess hook."
  (save-excursion
    (if (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)
	(let* ((tag "ignoreheading"))         ; Thanks to Nick for this
	  (org-map-entries (lambda ()
			     (delete-region (point-at-bol) (point-at-eol)))
			   (concat ":" tag ":"))))
    (if (eq org-export-current-backend 'html)
	(let* ((match "Qn"))
	  (org-map-entries (lambda ()
			     (org-set-property "HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS"
					       "question"))
			   match)))))

(add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-hook 'my-org-export-preprocess-hook)

The html customisation is incomplete for the moment (for the lack of
time :-p). My goal is to have custom styles for headlines tagged with
"Qn" (unanswered questions) and "QnA" (questions with complete
answers).

Actually I was also hoping to colour code my latex export based on a
similar philosophy using \todo[inline] and PROPERTIES. But I haven't
had the time to investigate the possibilities yet. I will put it on
Worg if I do manage to figure it out. :)

--

@ 2011-08-19  7:46     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-19  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> I have this working now. Works great. I should have reported back with
> my solution:

Thanks for sharing!

--
 Bastien