* Presentation on Org-mode at Dunkerque (France)
@ 2012-05-21 21:24 Fabrice Niessen
       [not found] ` <808vglut08.fsf-oHC15RC7JGTNLxjTenLetw@public.gmane.org>
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2012-05-21 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Just to tell you that I will make a presentation on Org-mode during the LaTeX
day in Dunkerque (FR) on Wed 13th June 2012.

Here is my summary in English for the 1:30 presentation:

    You wish to write high-quality documents or presentations, whose
    successive versions are easy to compare (thanks to CVS, SVN or Git, for
    example)? LATEX is un-miss-able.

    You find, nevertheless, the syntax very heavy to write tables or to handle
    nested lists? You have problems convincing your colleagues to go the LaTeX
    route?

    Come then discover org-mode (http://orgmode.org/). Writing a document or a
    presentation will become as simple as an writing an email. And you inherit
    new possibilites (of which outlining, status and tags on the sections, as
    well as the advanced search functions are some examples that will be
    looked at).

It will be more focused to the LaTeX exporter, of course, but I will try to
give more incentive for making the switch!

My slides will be publicly available (first in French, in English as well if
these are judged as worthing it ;-)).

For subscribing to the event (limited to 100 seats), see details at:

http://stage-latex-gte.univ-littoral.fr/

Best regards,
Fabrice

--
Fabrice Niessen

* Re: Presentation on Org-mode at Dunkerque (France)
@ 2012-05-22 17:59 ` Bastien
       [not found] ` <808vglut08.fsf-oHC15RC7JGTNLxjTenLetw@public.gmane.org>
From: Bastien @ 2012-05-22 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Niessen; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Fabrice,

"Fabrice Niessen"
<fni-djc/iPCCuDYQheJpep6IedvLeJWuRmrY@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Just to tell you that I will make a presentation on Org-mode during the LaTeX
> day in Dunkerque (FR) on Wed 13th June 2012.

Great -- let's us know if the audience asks questions that are worth
asking here!

Good luck,

--
 Bastien

@ 2012-06-20  9:19   ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2012-06-20  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ-wOFGN7rlS/M9smdsby/KFg

Hello,

> Just to tell you that I will make a presentation on Org-mode during the LaTeX
> day in Dunkerque (FR) on Wed 13th June 2012.
>
> Here is my summary in English for the 1:30 presentation:
>
>     You wish to write high-quality documents or presentations, whose
>     successive versions are easy to compare (thanks to CVS, SVN or Git, for
>     example)? LATEX is un-miss-able.
>
>     You find, nevertheless, the syntax very heavy to write tables or to handle
>     nested lists? You have problems convincing your colleagues to go the LaTeX
>     route?
>
>     Come then discover org-mode (http://orgmode.org/). Writing a document or a
>     presentation will become as simple as an writing an email. And you inherit
>     new possibilites (of which outlining, status and tags on the sections, as
>     well as the advanced search functions are some examples that will be
>     looked at).
>
> It will be more focused to the LaTeX exporter, of course, but I will try to
> give more incentive for making the switch!
>
> My slides will be publicly available (first in French, in English as well if
> these are judged as worthing it ;-)).

Here they are:

https://github.com/fniessen/stage-latex-dunkerque-2012

Please note that -- even if the event was on last Wed -- the slides aren't
really in a terminal state yet. In particular, some Org blocks aren't rendered
as they should because of bugs in the old LaTeX exporter. I'm sure they'll go
away with the new Beamer exporter (as it's already good when exporting to a
standard document, with the new LaTeX exporter).

Best regards,
Fabrice