* Elpa twice in load-path
@ 2013-06-15  3:14 Rene
From: Rene @ 2013-06-15  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The way elpa works, it automatically adds packages to `load-path'.  There is
therefore no need to have such a line

  (add-to-list 'load-path (or (file-name-directory #$) (car load-path)))

in the `package-autoloads.el" file.

Besides, having such a line leads to adding twice the same directory to
`load-path', a normal one and one with a trailing `/'.  In the case of the
org package:

  "/home/dir/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130610"
  "/home/dir/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130610/"

* Re: Elpa twice in load-path
@ 2013-06-27 15:26 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-27 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rene; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rene,

Rene <jlr_0@yahoo.com> writes:

> The way elpa works, it automatically adds packages to `load-path'.  There is
> therefore no need to have such a line
>
>   (add-to-list 'load-path (or (file-name-directory #$) (car load-path)))
>
> in the `package-autoloads.el" file.

Where is this file?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Elpa twice in load-path
@ 2013-06-28 10:01   ` Rene
From: Rene @ 2013-06-28 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> > The way elpa works, it automatically adds packages to `load-path'.  There is
> > therefore no need to have such a line
> >
> >   (add-to-list 'load-path (or (file-name-directory #$) (car load-path)))
> >
> > in the `package-autoloads.el" file.
>
> Where is this file?

Line 4 of `org-autoloads.el" in org/elpa package.

--
Rene

* Re: Elpa twice in load-path
@ 2013-06-28 10:48     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-06-28 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rene writes:
>> > The way elpa works, it automatically adds packages to `load-path'.  There is
>> > therefore no need to have such a line
>> >
>> >   (add-to-list 'load-path (or (file-name-directory #$) (car load-path)))
>> >
>> > in the `package-autoloads.el" file.
>>
>> Where is this file?
>
> Line 4 of `org-autoloads.el" in org/elpa package.

Since this file is created by package manager this is probably how it
adds Org to the load path, don't you think?

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Elpa twice in load-path
@ 2013-06-28 13:16       ` Rene
From: Rene @ 2013-06-28 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> nexgo.de> writes:

> > Line 4 of `org-autoloads.el" in org/elpa package.
>
> Since this file is created by package manager this is probably how it
> adds Org to the load path, don't you think?

What I notice is that for elpa packages that don't hold such a line in their
`package-autoloads.el', the package path only appears once in `load-path',
which is the right behavior.

--
Rene

* Re: Elpa twice in load-path
@ 2013-06-30 21:13         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-30 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rene; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rene,

Rene <jlr_0@yahoo.com> writes:

> Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> nexgo.de> writes:
>
>> > Line 4 of `org-autoloads.el" in org/elpa package.
>>
>> Since this file is created by package manager this is probably how it
>> adds Org to the load path, don't you think?
>
> What I notice is that for elpa packages that don't hold such a line in their
> `package-autoloads.el', the package path only appears once in `load-path',
> which is the right behavior.

Can you suggest a fix, if needed?

 Bastien