* BUG org-babel-goto-named-src-block with indented block
@ 2014-02-26  9:32 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2014-02-26  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

there seems to be a bug, where org-babel-goto-named-src-block does not
find an indented source block.

Here is an example:

* Test org-babel-goto-named-src-block

Try org-babel-goto-named-src-block (C-c C-v g) with point on the
following line.  (This works for me.)
#+call: block1(20)

Try org-babel-goto-named-src-block (C-c C-v g) with point on the
following line.  (This does not work for me.)
#+call: block2(20)

** The first block *without* indentation
#+name: block1
#+header: :var end=10
#+begin_src R
  1:end
#+end_src

** The second block *with* indentation
   #+name: block2
   #+header: :var end=11
   #+begin_src R
     2:end
   #+end_src

Andreas

* Re: BUG org-babel-goto-named-src-block with indented block
@ 2014-03-06 21:16 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2014-03-06 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

The problem is with your example.  You can not put a header line between
a #+name and it's source block.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: BUG org-babel-goto-named-src-block with indented block
@ 2014-03-07  7:56   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2014-03-07  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

thanks for looking into this!

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> The problem is with your example.  You can not put a header line between
> a #+name and it's source block.

If that is the case, then the manual should be fixed.  As the manual
explicitly allows that:  See the last example on here [fn:1].

Regards,
Andreas

Footnotes:

[fn:1]
http://orgmode.org/manual/Code-block-specific-header-arguments.html#Code-block-specific-header-arguments

@ 2014-03-07 15:28     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2014-03-07 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> The problem is with your example.  You can not put a header line between
>> a #+name and it's source block.
>>

> If that is the case, then the manual should be fixed.  As the manual
> explicitly allows that:  See the last example on here [fn:1].

Oh, thanks for pointing this out.

Given the manual example I would like to reverse my previous statement.
I suppose it *is* legal to separate a name and code block by intervening
comment or header lines.  I've just pushed up a fix which allows your
original example to work as written.

Thanks for following up on this!

--
Eric Schulte