* [BUG] in `org-element-interpret-data'
@ 2014-08-07  9:15 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-08-07  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

when interpreting Org elements (type src-block) I frequently encounter
the case that the '#+end_src' delimter is not placed on a newline but
rather attached to the src-block's value without a linefeed in between.

I then have to append a "\n" to the src-block value to make things work,
but thats not a nice thing and causes problems in other places. The "\n"
should be set by the framework.

I think adding something like this at the end of the
interpreter-function could solve the problem, but this came out of
try-and-error only:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(((
 [...]
 (org-escape-code-in-string value)
 ;; check for newline
 (save-match-data
  (if (looking-at "^$") "" "\n"))
 "#+END_SRC")))
#+end_src

The problem seems to appear a bit randomly, but using my new function

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;; might become `org-element-create'
(defun* tj/create-element (&optional insert-p &rest args &key (type 'headline) &allow-other-keys)
  "Create Org element, maybe insert at point."
  (let ((strg (org-element-interpret-data
	       (list type args))))
    (if insert-p (insert strg) strg)))
#+end_src

#+results:
: tj/create-element

I can give an the following example

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results raw
  (tj/create-element nil
                     :type 'src-block
                     :language "emacs-lisp"
                     :value "(+ 2 2)")
#+end_src

#+results:
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (+ 2 2)#+END_SRC

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: [BUG] in `org-element-interpret-data'
@ 2014-08-07 12:58 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-08-07 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> when interpreting Org elements (type src-block) I frequently encounter
> the case that the '#+end_src' delimter is not placed on a newline but
> rather attached to the src-block's value without a linefeed in
> between.

`org-element-src-block-parser' always add a final newline to the source
code. As a consequence `org-element-src-block-interpreter' expects it.

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to tolerate missing final newlines. I added the
feature. Thank you for suggesting it.

Nicolas Goaziou