* Org-mode 8.3.1 bugs report
@ 2015-08-06 11:38 Lei Zhe
From: Lei Zhe @ 2015-08-06 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I found two bugs if the latest org-mode 8.3.1.

1. Footnote is inserted right after the Footnote headline, not the end
of this section.

2. When I call org-drill, some entries can not be shown. Only blank
buffer shows up.

Hope these bugs can be fixed.

* Re: Org-mode 8.3.1 bugs report
@ 2015-08-06 12:18 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-08-06 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lei Zhe; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Lei Zhe <lzhes43@gmail.com> writes:

> 1. Footnote is inserted right after the Footnote headline, not the end
> of this section.

This is not a bug. You need to set `org-footnote-auto-adjust' to your
liking.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Org-mode 8.3.1 bugs report
@ 2015-08-06 12:25   ` Lei Zhe
From: Lei Zhe @ 2015-08-06 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi, I tried to customize `org-footnote-auto-adjust'.
There are only kind of sort and renumber options.
None of them can make the footnote appear at the end of `Footnotes' section.

Regards,

Zhe Lei

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Lei Zhe <lzhes43@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> 1. Footnote is inserted right after the Footnote headline, not the end
>> of this section.
>
> This is not a bug. You need to set `org-footnote-auto-adjust' to your
> liking.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Org-mode 8.3.1 bugs report
@ 2015-08-06 12:33     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-08-06 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lei Zhe; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Lei Zhe <lzhes43@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I tried to customize `org-footnote-auto-adjust'.
> There are only kind of sort and renumber options.
> None of them can make the footnote appear at the end of `Footnotes'
> section.

Then I don't understand why it is an issue.

* Re: Org-mode 8.3.1 bugs report
@ 2015-08-06 12:49       ` Lei Zhe
From: Lei Zhe @ 2015-08-06 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, mail

Sorry, I need to clarify my question.

In my org files, some local customization like variables, LaTeX
headers and options are also put in the  `Footnotes' section.
So it can be easier for me to change or append these things if they
just come after the headline, especially in the case with large
numbers of footnotes.

Regards,
Zhe Lei

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Lei Zhe <lzhes43@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi, I tried to customize `org-footnote-auto-adjust'.
>> There are only kind of sort and renumber options.
>> None of them can make the footnote appear at the end of `Footnotes'
>> section.
>
> Then I don't understand why it is an issue.
>
> Regards,

* Re: Org-mode 8.3.1 bugs report
@ 2015-08-06 13:47         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-08-06 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lei Zhe; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Lei Zhe <lzhes43@gmail.com> writes:

> In my org files, some local customization like variables, LaTeX
> headers and options are also put in the  `Footnotes' section.
> So it can be easier for me to change or append these things if they
> just come after the headline, especially in the case with large
> numbers of footnotes.

You shouldn't use Footnotes section for anything else than footnotes,
although file local variables are tolerated.

You can create a dedicated heading for that purpose, with a COMMENT
keywords or a :noexport: tag, depending on your needs.

* Re: Org-mode 8.3.1 bugs report
@ 2015-08-07  8:39 ` Michael Strey
From: Michael Strey @ 2015-08-07  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Do, 2015-08-06, Lei Zhe wrote:

[...]

> 2. When I call org-drill, some entries can not be shown. Only blank
> buffer shows up.

I'm having the same problem here since about 4 weeks.  It seems to occur
randomly without relation to the entries.

Pressing e for “edit”, moving point some lines up or down and M-x
org-drill-resume is my poor workaround to proceed the drill session.

Best regards
--
Michael Strey
http://www.strey.biz * https://twitter.com/michaelstrey