* preparing a R course in org for slides..can i link back to org document?
@ 2015-10-19  8:05 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-10-19  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all

I am building an introduction to R course using org (and now org-reveal!).
in some slide i show code blocks and would like to show the students the
actual run of the code.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to press a link in my
reveal slide show that would take me to the corresponding org header where
i could actually run the code in R+ESS.

Also if people are using other alternative to org-reveal that can do that i
also wouldnt mind to try it out (a long as its as simple as org-revel :-))

Thanks so much in advance

* Re: preparing a R course in org for slides..can i link back to org document?
@ 2015-10-19 11:29 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-10-19 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

On Monday, 19 Oct 2015 at 11:05, Xebar Saram wrote:
> Also if people are using other alternative to org-reveal that can do that i
> also wouldnt mind to try it out (a long as its as simple as org-revel :-))

You might want to try org-treeslide [1].  List of alternatives can be
found on Worg [2].

I'm suggesting org-treeslide because it runs within Emacs so you have
the full power of Emacs at hand.  It should be easy to use babel in the
presentation although I've never tried.  I'm a beamer person (with
org-reveal as a useful quick'n'dirty backup).

HTH,
eric

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/avdi/org-tree-slide

[2]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/non-beamer-presentations.html

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3beta-1229-ge900eb

* Re: preparing a R course in org for slides..can i link back to org document?
@ 2015-10-21 21:57 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2015-10-21 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> I am building an introduction to R course using org (and now
> org-reveal!). in some slide i show code blocks and would like to show
> the students the actual run of the code.

> I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to press a link in my
> reveal slide show that would take me to the corresponding org header
> where i could actually run the code in R+ESS.

I don't know anything about org-reveal (since I write my reveal.js
slides in html). But you could possibly get something working with
org-protocol. Or you could perhaps hack an emacs web server (elnode,
Eric Schulte's web server, etc.) to respond to links such as
localhost:port/do-something-in-emacs.

Probably the simplest solution is to have the org buffers queued up in
Emacs and to switch to them with ye olde "Alt Tab" (or whatever key
combination your window manager uses).

Best,
Matt

* Re: preparing a R course in org for slides..can i link back to org document?
@ 2015-10-22  0:28   ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2015-10-22  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram, org mode

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Monday, 19 Oct 2015 at 11:05, Xebar Saram wrote:
>> Also if people are using other alternative to org-reveal that can do that i
>> also wouldnt mind to try it out (a long as its as simple as org-revel :-))
>
> You might want to try org-treeslide [1].

I believe the canonical repository is https://github.com/takaxp/org-tree-slide

 List of alternatives can be

@ 2015-10-22  1:01     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-10-22  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ista Zahn; +Cc: Xebar Saram, org mode

I use org-show (https://github.com/jkitchin/jmax/tree/master/org) which
is similar to these other solutions, but runs in emacs in a slide show
mode. It is an adaptation of some of Sacha's code. You can see it in
action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ8RK-R9O_g

Ista Zahn writes:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>> On Monday, 19 Oct 2015 at 11:05, Xebar Saram wrote:
>>> Also if people are using other alternative to org-reveal that can do that i
>>> also wouldnt mind to try it out (a long as its as simple as org-revel :-))
>>
>> You might want to try org-treeslide [1].
>
> I believe the canonical repository is https://github.com/takaxp/org-tree-slide
>
>  List of alternatives can be
>> found on Worg [2].
>>
>> I'm suggesting org-treeslide because it runs within Emacs so you have
>> the full power of Emacs at hand.  It should be easy to use babel in the
>> presentation although I've never tried.  I'm a beamer person (with
>> org-reveal as a useful quick'n'dirty backup).
>>
>> HTH,
>> eric
>>
>> Footnotes:
>> [1]  https://github.com/avdi/org-tree-slide
>>
>> [2]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/non-beamer-presentations.html
>>
>> --
>> : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3beta-1229-ge900eb

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F