* org-babel python eval discrepancy
@ 2017-08-03 17:31 Dushyant Juneja
From: Dushyant Juneja @ 2017-08-03 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

I have the following code block in my org mode based literate programming
notes:

#+BEGIN_SRC python
print('1+2 > 4 is ', 1+2 > 4)
print("What is 3 + 2?", 3 + 2)
#+END_SRC

When I tangle it and run the script, it gives me expected output as follows:

> python notes.py
1+2 > 4 is  False
What is 3 + 2? 5

However, in buffer evaluation (using =C-c C-c= with cursor on src block)
gives me the following output, which seems unexpected:

#+BEGIN_SRC python
print('1+2 > 4 is ', 1+2 > 4)
print("What is 3 + 2?", 3 + 2)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: ('1+2 > 4 is ', False)
: ('What is 3 + 2?', 5)

Any hints what may be going wrong?

Dushyant

* Re: org-babel python eval discrepancy
@ 2017-08-03 18:22 ` Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2017-08-03 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dushyant Juneja; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Shell is using python3 and org-mode python2?

@ 2017-08-03 18:31 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-08-03 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Lookup "Org babel results" in Google and you should find the right
section of the manual.  You need to set the :results keyword.

* Re: org-babel python eval discrepancy
@ 2017-08-03 18:54   ` Dushyant Juneja
From: Dushyant Juneja @ 2017-08-03 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dov Grobgeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode