* problem evaluating src block on file opening
@ 2017-08-25 13:01 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-08-25 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Long story short: org-babel-goto-named-src-block does not seem to work,
at least since b862c24b9f or thereabouts?

If I evaluate this command interactively, it sends me to a #+begin_quote
line in my file!

Org up to date.  I haven't tried a minimal example yet but will do so if
this doesn't ring any bells!  I noticed the failure because I upgraded
org which I had not done in a while and my startup babel blocks no
longer work; these are blocks that are evaluated when I visit an org
file via the following code:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun esf/execute-startup-block ()
    (interactive)
    (org-babel-goto-named-src-block "startup")
    (org-babel-execute-src-block))
#+end_src

The evaluation of org-babel-execute-src-block fails because the previous
line did not place point at a src block!  The error returned by the last
line is very strange as well:

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument consp nil)
|   org-babel-execute-src-block()
|   esf/execute-startup-block()
|   eval((esf/execute-startup-block))
|   hack-one-local-variable(eval (esf/execute-startup-block))
|   hack-local-variables-apply()
|   hack-local-variables(no-mode)
|   run-mode-hooks(org-mode-hook)
|   org-mode()
`----

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-796-gbae41a

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: problem evaluating src block on file opening
@ 2017-08-25 15:42 ` Berry, Charles
From: Berry, Charles @ 2017-08-25 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Aug 25, 2017, at 6:01 AM, Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Long story short: org-babel-goto-named-src-block does not seem to work,
> at least since b862c24b9f or thereabouts?

Confirmed on my setup.

Here is an ECM. Always goes to the first block.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
"gotcha"
#+END_SRC

#+NAME: startup
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
1
#+END_SRC

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun esf/execute-startup-block ()
    (interactive)
    (org-babel-goto-named-src-block "startup")
    (org-babel-execute-src-block))
#+end_src

Chuck

* Re: problem evaluating src block on file opening
@ 2017-08-25 20:01   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-08-25 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Berry, Charles" <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

>> On Aug 25, 2017, at 6:01 AM, Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Long story short: org-babel-goto-named-src-block does not seem to work,
>> at least since b862c24b9f or thereabouts?
>>

> Confirmed on my setup.
>
> Here is an ECM. Always goes to the first block.
>

> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> "gotcha"
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+NAME: startup
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
> 1
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (defun esf/execute-startup-block ()
>     (interactive)
>     (org-babel-goto-named-src-block "startup")
>     (org-babel-execute-src-block))
> #+end_src

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: problem evaluating src block on file opening
@ 2017-08-26  8:44     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-08-26  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)