* EXPORT_FILE_NAME property default to heading content?
@ 2017-08-31 14:18 Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2017-08-31 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I like the filename of the exported file to always match the content of the
heading being exported. Is that possible? At the moment I basically
duplicate it like:

** Foo Heading
   :PROPERTIES:
   :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: Foo Heading
   :END:

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://blog.twonegatives.com/
http://five.sentenc.es/ -- Spend less time on mail

* Re: EXPORT_FILE_NAME property default to heading content?
@ 2017-09-02  7:41 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-09-02  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:

> I like the filename of the exported file to always match the content of the heading being exported. Is that possible? At the moment I basically duplicate it
> like:
>
> ** Foo Heading
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: Foo Heading
> :END:

I guess the simplest way would be to advise the org-export function with
a function that sets that property in the heading being exported.  You
could even add another advice that would clear the property afterward.

Otherwise, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to add an option to set
the export file name to the heading when exporting a subtree--but I've
never looked into the org-export code so maybe it would be.  :)

* Re: EXPORT_FILE_NAME property default to heading content?
@ 2017-09-02  7:49   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-02  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Porter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I like the filename of the exported file to always match the content of the heading being exported. Is that possible? At the moment I basically duplicate it
>> like:
>>
>> ** Foo Heading
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: Foo Heading
>> :END:
>
> I guess the simplest way would be to advise the org-export function with
> a function that sets that property in the heading being exported.  You
> could even add another advice that would clear the property afterward.

I suggest to use a hook to add this property right before export, e.g.,
in `org-export-before-processing-hook'.

Nicolas Goaziou