* Clocktable Naming
@ 2017-10-09 12:25 Shawn Way
From: Shawn Way @ 2017-10-09 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Is there a method for automatically naming a timeclock?  For example,

:name table1

to be used in the #+BEGIN line?

This would allow the clocktable to be post processed using something like perl or python for in depth analysis.

SHAWN WAY, P.E.

* Re: Clocktable Naming
@ 2017-10-09 13:27 ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2017-10-09 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn Way; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I wanted to add a #+PLOT to the clock table header, and used the
advice mechanism to do it. E.g.

(defadvice org-clock-report (after insert-plot-line
				   activate)
  "Add #+PLOT: line appropriate for clock table."
  (insert
   "#+PLOT: ind:1 deps:(4) type:2d with:histograms set:\"style fill solid\"
"))

You might be able to do something similar for your purpose.

You might also check to see if there's some sort of hook to use when
inserting clock tables.

-----------------------

@ 2017-10-10  7:17 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-10-10  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn Way; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Shawn Way <SWay@meco.com> writes:

> Is there a method for automatically naming a timeclock?  For example,
>
> :name table1
>
> to be used in the #+BEGIN line?

There is a way, albeit no very user-friendly. You can use :header
parameter, e.g.,

  #+begin: clocktable :header "#+name: foo\n#+caption: bar\n"

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Clocktable Naming
@ 2017-10-10 19:28   ` Shawn Way
From: Shawn Way @ 2017-10-10 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I found out that :step day trips this up.  No worries.

Shawn Way, PE

@ 2018-05-01 13:34   ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2018-05-01 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Marquardt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Shawn Way