* org-enable-table-editor is removed since 9.1
@ 2019-11-23 10:33 Tomasz Piotrowski
From: Tomasz Piotrowski @ 2019-11-23 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

If I try to edit a table in org-mode, e.g., add a row to it, I get a
message

"eval: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-enable-table-editor".

This is in line with changes made in version 9.1:
https://orgmode.org/Changes_old.html#org8981857

This makes the manual for editing tables:
https://orgmode.org/manual/Built_002din-table-editor.html

unusable for me. Indeed, I get the same message:

"eval: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-enable-table-editor"

when I tried to submit the bug using:

M-x org-submit-bug-report <RET>

I am on version 9.2.6, but I think all versions since 9.1 are affected.

How to edit tables in org-mode?

Tomasz Piotrowski