* Bug: Org bold emphasis gobbles leading stars on next headline [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-710-g3f04ad @ /home/n/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
@ 2020-08-16  1:15 No Wayman
From: No Wayman @ 2020-08-16  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

ECM:

With the following Org mode file and point denoted by "|":

* Parent

** Sibling

Insert the text "*", resulting in:

* Parent
"*"|
** Sibling

textually, but the final star of the Sibling heading is hidden as
well:

* Parent
"*"|
   Sibling

I believe the org-hide face is being overridden by the bold face.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X
toolkit, cairo version 1.17.3, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-08-12
Package: Org mode version 9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-710-g3f04ad @
/home/n/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)

* Re: Bug: Org bold emphasis gobbles leading stars on next headline [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-710-g3f04ad @ /home/n/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
  2020-08-16  1:15 Bug: Org bold emphasis gobbles leading stars on next headline [9.3.7 (release_9.3.7-710-g3f04ad @ /home/n/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)] No Wayman
@ 2020-09-06  7:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-06  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: No Wayman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

No Wayman <iarchivedmywholelife@gmail.com> writes:

> With the following Org mode file and point denoted by "|":
>
> * Parent
> |
> ** Sibling
>
> Insert the text "*", resulting in:
>
> * Parent
> "*"|
> ** Sibling
>
> textually, but the final star of the Sibling heading is hidden as
> well:
>
> * Parent
> "*"|
>   Sibling
>
> I believe the org-hide face is being overridden by the bold face.

Indeed, I can reproduce this bug with latest Org.

--
 Bastien

@ 2021-03-21 22:58   ` Greg Bognar via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: Greg Bognar via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2021-03-21 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bzg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, iarchivedmywholelife

> No Wayman <iarchivedmywholelife@gmail.com> writes:
> > With the following Org mode file and point denoted by "|":
> >
> > * Parent
> > |
> > ** Sibling
> >
> > Insert the text "*", resulting in:
> >
> > * Parent
> > "*"|
> > ** Sibling
> >
> > textually, but the final star of the Sibling heading is hidden as
> > well:
> >
> > * Parent
> > "*"|
> >   Sibling
> >
> > I believe the org-hide face is being overridden by the bold face.
>
> Indeed, I can reproduce this bug with latest Org.
>
> --
>  Bastien

I can also reproduce this bug:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/64021/headings-in-org-mode-unexpected-behavior

After setting `org-hide-emphasis-markers' back to nil (the default), it goes away.

Perhaps that's helpful for fixing it.

All the best,
Greg

@ 2021-05-01 17:10   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-01 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: No Wayman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Indeed, I can reproduce this bug with latest Org.

FWIW I cannot reproduce this anymore (with latest Org and Emacs),
I'm closing this bug now.

Feel free to reopen it if necessary.

--
 Bastien