* org to beamer structure not working
@ 2021-03-08 14:43 Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2021-03-08 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi all,
I'm running emacs 26.3, and there's something I cannot reproduce in my
beamer presentation.
In my org file I've:

#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0
path:https://orgmode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+HTML_LINK_UP:
#+HTML_LINK_HOME:

#+startup: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [bigger]

#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 2

therefore I would like to have a frame for ever second level title.
My org file is:

* Intro
** Slide 1
Text 1
** Slide 2
Text 2

The result in latex is:

\section*{Intro}
\label{sec:org32f3cbe}
\subsection*{Slide 1}
\label{sec:org7e597e3}
Text 1
\subsection*{Slide 2}
\label{sec:orgb9aff87}
Text 2

that makes everything appearing on the same slide without a title and
a clear separation between frames. I've tried working with
BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL but apparently no one value from 1 to 3 is working.
What am I missing?

Thanks,
Luca

* Re: org to beamer structure not working
@ 2021-03-08 15:29 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2021-03-08 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Monday,  8 Mar 2021 at 15:43, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> therefore I would like to have a frame for ever second level title.
> The result in latex is:

How are you actually exporting?  Are you choosing a beamer export option
as it looks like article LaTeX output.  Your settings look fine
otherwise.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-245-g8b9d6f

* Re: org to beamer structure not working
@ 2021-03-08 15:41   ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2021-03-08 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari, emacs-org list

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:29 PM Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> How are you actually exporting?  Are you choosing a beamer export option
> as it looks like article LaTeX output.  Your settings look fine
> otherwise.

Shame on me! I was exporting it as latex-pdf file (C-c C-e l p)
instead of beamer (C-c C-e l P).

Sorry for the noise.

@ 2021-03-15 14:37     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2021-03-15 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:29 PM Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> How are you actually exporting?  Are you choosing a beamer export option
>> as it looks like article LaTeX output.  Your settings look fine
>> otherwise.
>
> Shame on me! I was exporting it as latex-pdf file (C-c C-e l p)
> instead of beamer (C-c C-e l P).

You are not the first (nor are you going to be the last) to do that - I speak from experience ;-)

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler

* Re: org to beamer structure not working
@ 2021-03-15 15:11       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2021-03-15 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Monday, 15 Mar 2021 at 10:37, Nick Dokos wrote:
> You are not the first (nor are you going to be the last) to do that -I
> speak from experience ;-)

As do I which is why it's the first question I ask when people have
these types of problems! :-)

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-254-g37749c

* Re: org to beamer structure not working
@ 2021-03-15 15:20       ` Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2021-03-15 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Monday, 15 Mar 2021 at 10:37, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:29 PM Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> How are you actually exporting?  Are you choosing a beamer export option
>>> as it looks like article LaTeX output.  Your settings look fine
>>> otherwise.
>>
>> Shame on me! I was exporting it as latex-pdf file (C-c C-e l p)
>> instead of beamer (C-c C-e l P).
>>

> You are not the first (nor are you going to be the last) to do that - I speak from experience ;-)

A way to compensate my fluctuating cognitive abilities is

(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "<f8>") 'org-beamer-export-to-pdf)

Best regards,
--
Jeremie Juste