* Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?
@ 2022-11-01 14:49 Renato Pontefice
From: Renato Pontefice @ 2022-11-01 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Maybe I think my init.el is too dirty.
Can someone give me an init.el that I can use as base to customize (if I want) something that can works without correct the old one

Thank you

Renato

* Re: Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?
@ 2022-11-01 19:09 ` Quiliro Ordóñez
From: Quiliro Ordóñez @ 2022-11-01 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

El 2022-11-01 09:49, Renato Pontefice escribió:
> Maybe I think my init.el is too dirty.
> Can someone give me an init.el that I can use as base to customize (if
> I want) something that can works without correct the old one

I sugest not to learn that way.  I suggest you start with a clean
configuration file and add one line at a time.  Then, you will
understand each and every line you insert.  If you start with a giant
configuration, you will just replicate the configuration someone else
likes and you will take a long time to understand what is happening and
how to change what happens.  Anyway, it might work for you!

* Re: Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?
@ 2022-11-01 20:13   ` Renato Pontefice
From: Renato Pontefice @ 2022-11-01 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ok,, I can start from clean init.el, but I saw that emacs works also without init.el.
Do I have to create an emptying.el that I improve step by step?

Renato

@ 2022-11-01 20:16     ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2022-11-01 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato Pontefice, emacs-orgmode

If you want some extra things done, yu could do it using .emacs rather
than init.el.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.

@ 2022-11-01 22:52     ` Quiliro Ordóñez
From: Quiliro Ordóñez @ 2022-11-01 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

El 2022-11-01 15:13, Renato Pontefice escribió:
> Ok,, I can start from clean init.el, but I saw that emacs works also
> without init.el.
> Do I have to create an emptying.el that I improve step by step?

As suggested, start with ~/.emacs .  I suggest to read the Emacs manual:
 C-h r .  I know it is very long and sometimes the words are not what is
usually.  But if some word is not clear, search the glossary.

Also, experiment more before asking.  You can develop more knowledge by
your own experimenting than by being spoonfed.  Document what happens
and re-read your writtings.

Emacs is a program which is not plug-and-play.  You must build your own
configuration to your taste, or else it will be like wearing someone
else's clothing (as I said befor).  So, it might be harder to learn
Emacs than other editors.  It will be something that requires reading a
lot.  But try speed reading the first time.  Then go through it with
more attention the next times.  Think of it as a constructive operation
of your tool.

I hope this helps you with your journey!

* Re: Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?
@ 2022-11-02  7:15 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-11-02  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato Pontefice; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Renato Pontefice <renato.pontefice@gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe I think my init.el is too dirty.
> Can someone give me an init.el that I can use as base to customize (if I want) something that can works without correct the old one

I strongly recommend you to go through some beginner videos explaining
Emacs configuration bit by bit.

For example,
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9KxKa8NpFxIcNQa9js7dQQIHc81b0-Xg
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVtKhBrRV_ZkPnBtt_TD1Cs9PJlU0IIdE

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?
@ 2022-11-03 16:08 Mati
From: Mati @ 2022-11-03 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Look at mine config, but it's dirty too so copy-pasting it is not a good
idea. Here are things that can be copied from it:

- straight and use-package configuration

- orderless

- vertico

- doom-modeline

- three first lines with font, but you must install those two fonts if
you want to use them

- variables at the beginning

- generally, whole beginning without maxima path and also you must
correct some pathes

- dashboard, circadian, all-the-icons

- org-roam setup is harder so you can use my config but you need to read
docs or watch tutorials first

- olivetti - must-have

- marginalia, all-the-icons completion, savehist

- that use-package emacs that I don't understand but was recommended
with some minibuffer completion package or I don't remember

- I have strange meow setup with insert mode as default so you can
experience sometimes both modes enabled with it (then you need to
disable unwanted one, happens rarely) and my custom layout in layout map

- emojify

- minions for nice cog on modeline to set modes

- org-modern

- valign - great package for org tables

- some latex config I must clear and first of all learn latex :P

[-- Attachment #2: init.el --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 20131 bytes --]

(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(font . "Liberation Serif-16" ))
(set-face-attribute 'default t :font "Liberation Serif-16")
(set-fontset-font t nil (font-spec :size 16 :name "Iosevka NF"))

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/maxima/")

(setq gc-cons-threshold 10000000)
;; Restore after startup
(add-hook 'after-init-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (setq gc-cons-threshold 1000000)
	    (message "gc-cons-threshold restored to %S"
		     gc-cons-threshold)))

(setq delete-by-moving-to-trash t
      ;; Emacs has some awful scrolling by default. This gets rid of that.
      scroll-step 1 ; keyboard scroll one line at a time
;;      scroll-preserve-screen-position 'always
      scroll-conservatively 101
      next-screen-context-lines 5
      debugger-stack-frame-as-list t
      ;; Echo keystrokes a little faster
      echo-keystrokes 0.5
      ;; remove auditory clutter:
      ring-bell-function #'ignore
      preserve-screen-position t)

(fset 'yes-or-no-p 'y-or-n-p)
(prefer-coding-system 'utf-8)
(set-default-coding-systems 'utf-8)
(set-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'utf-8)
(setq default-buffer-file-coding-system 'utf-8)
(setq max-mini-window-height 0.15)
(delete-selection-mode 1)

(setq backup-directory-alist '(("." . "~/.emacs.d/backup"))
  backup-by-copying t    ; Don't delink hardlinks
  version-control t      ; Use version numbers on backups
  delete-old-versions t  ; Automatically delete excess backups
  kept-new-versions 20   ; how many of the newest versions to keep
  kept-old-versions 5    ; and how many of the old
)

(setq custom-file (make-temp-file "emacs-custom"))

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/extensions/")

(setq org-directory "~/.emacs.d/brajan/")

(defun find-config ()
  "Edit config.el"
  (interactive)
  (find-file "~/.emacs.d/init.el"))

(global-set-key (kbd "C-c c") 'find-config)

;; Install straight.el
(defvar bootstrap-version)
(let ((bootstrap-file
       (expand-file-name "straight/repos/straight.el/bootstrap.el" user-emacs-directory))
      (bootstrap-version 5))
  (unless (file-exists-p bootstrap-file)
    (with-current-buffer
    (url-retrieve-synchronously
     "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raxod502/straight.el/develop/install.el"
     'silent 'inhibit-cookies)
      (goto-char (point-max))
      (eval-print-last-sexp)))
  (load bootstrap-file nil 'nomessage))

;; Install use-package
(straight-use-package 'use-package)

;; Configure use-package to use straight.el by default
(use-package straight
  :custom (straight-use-package-by-default t))

(use-package dashboard
  :ensure t
  :config
  (dashboard-setup-startup-hook))

(use-package ir-black-theme)
(use-package grandshell-theme)
(use-package cyberpunk-theme)
(use-package alect-themes)
(use-package hemera-theme :ensure :defer)
(use-package nyx-theme :ensure :defer)

(use-package circadian
  :custom
  ;;(calendar-latitude 50.0)
  ;;(calendar-longitude 20.0)
  (circadian-themes '(("7:00" . hemera)
                      ("23:00" . nyx)))
  :config (circadian-setup))

(use-package all-the-icons
  :if (display-graphic-p))

;; (use-package svg-lib)

(use-package org-roam
;;  :after org
  :custom
  ((org-roam-directory (file-truename org-directory))
   (org-roam-index-file "~/.emacs.d/brajan/index.org"))
  :config
  (org-roam-db-autosync-mode 1)
;;  (org-roam-setup)
  :bind (("C-c n f" . org-roam-node-find)
	 ("C-c n r" . org-roam-node-random)
	 (:map org-mode-map
	       (("C-c n i" . org-roam-node-insert)
		("C-c n o" . org-id-get-create)
		("C-c n t" . org-roam-tag-add)
		("C-c n a" . org-roam-alias-add)
		("C-c n l" . org-roam-buffer-toggle)))))

(use-package org-roam-ui
  :straight
    (:host github :repo "org-roam/org-roam-ui" :branch "main" :files ("*.el" "out"))
    :after org-roam
;;         normally we'd recommend hooking orui after org-roam, but since org-roam does not have
;;         a hookable mode anymore, you're advised to pick something yourself
;;         if you don't care about startup time, use
;;  :hook (after-init . org-roam-ui-mode)
    :config
    (setq org-roam-ui-sync-theme t
          org-roam-ui-follow t
          org-roam-ui-update-on-save t
          org-roam-ui-open-on-start t))

(use-package olivetti
  :hook ((text-mode prog-mode) . olivetti-mode))

(use-package vertico
  :init (vertico-mode)

  ;; Different scroll margin
  ;; (setq vertico-scroll-margin 0)

  ;; Show more candidates
  ;; (setq vertico-count 20)

  ;; Grow and shrink the Vertico minibuffer
  (setq vertico-resize t)

  ;; Optionally enable cycling for `vertico-next' and `vertico-previous'.
  ;; (setq vertico-cycle t)
  )

(use-package marginalia
  ;; Either bind `marginalia-cycle' globally or only in the minibuffer
  :bind (("M-A" . marginalia-cycle)
         :map minibuffer-local-map
         ("M-A" . marginalia-cycle))

  ;; The :init configuration is always executed (Not lazy!)
  :init

  ;; Must be in the :init section of use-package such that the mode gets
  ;; enabled right away. Note that this forces loading the package.
  (marginalia-mode))

(use-package all-the-icons-completion
  :after (marginalia all-the-icons)
  :hook (marginalia-mode . all-the-icons-completion-marginalia-setup)
  :init (all-the-icons-completion-mode))

(use-package savehist
  :init (savehist-mode))

(use-package emacs
  :init
  ;; Add prompt indicator to `completing-read-multiple'.
  ;; We display [CRM<separator>], e.g., [CRM,] if the separator is a comma.
  (defun crm-indicator (args)
    (cons (format "[CRM%s] %s"
                  (replace-regexp-in-string
                   "\\`\\[.*?]\\*\\|\\[.*?]\\*\\'" ""
                   crm-separator)
                  (car args))
          (cdr args)))
  (advice-add #'completing-read-multiple :filter-args #'crm-indicator)

  ;; Do not allow the cursor in the minibuffer prompt
  (setq minibuffer-prompt-properties
        '(read-only t cursor-intangible t face minibuffer-prompt))
  (add-hook 'minibuffer-setup-hook #'cursor-intangible-mode)

  ;; Emacs 28: Hide commands in M-x which do not work in the current mode.
  ;; Vertico commands are hidden in normal buffers.
  ;; (setq read-extended-command-predicate
  ;;       #'command-completion-default-include-p)

  ;; Enable recursive minibuffers
  (setq enable-recursive-minibuffers t))

;; Optionally use the `orderless' completion style.
(use-package orderless
  :init
  ;; Configure a custom style dispatcher (see the Consult wiki)
  ;; (setq orderless-style-dispatchers '(+orderless-dispatch)
  ;;       orderless-component-separator #'orderless-escapable-split-on-space)
  (setq completion-styles '(orderless basic)
        completion-category-defaults nil
        completion-category-overrides '((file (styles partial-completion)))))

;; Nice bullets
;;(use-package org-superstar
;;  :custom
;;  org-superstar-headline-bullets-list
;;      '("►" "▸" "▸" "▸" "▸")
;;      :config
;;      (setq org-superstar-special-todo-items t)
;;      (add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda ()
;;                                 (org-superstar-mode 1))))

;; fwyr - layout optimized for polish
(defun meow-setup ()
  (setq meow-cheatsheet-layout meow-cheatsheet-layout-fwyr)
  (meow-motion-overwrite-define-key
   '("j" . meow-next)
   '("k" . meow-prev)
   '("<escape>" . ignore))
  (meow-leader-define-key
   ;; SPC j/k will run the original command in MOTION state.
   '("j" . "H-j")
   '("k" . "H-k")
   ;; Use SPC (0-9) for digit arguments.
   '("1" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("2" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("3" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("4" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("5" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("6" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("7" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("8" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("9" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("0" . meow-digit-argument)
   '("/" . meow-keypad-describe-key)
   '("?" . meow-cheatsheet))
  (meow-normal-define-key
   '("0" . meow-expand-0)
   '("9" . meow-expand-9)
   '("8" . meow-expand-8)
   '("7" . meow-expand-7)
   '("6" . meow-expand-6)
   '("5" . meow-expand-5)
   '("4" . meow-expand-4)
   '("3" . meow-expand-3)
   '("2" . meow-expand-2)
   '("1" . meow-expand-1)
   '("-" . negative-argument)
   '(";" . meow-reverse)
   '("," . meow-inner-of-thing)
   '("." . meow-bounds-of-thing)
   '("[" . meow-beginning-of-thing)
   '("]" . meow-end-of-thing)
   '("a" . meow-append)
   '("A" . meow-open-below)
   '("b" . meow-back-word)
   '("B" . meow-back-symbol)
   '("c" . meow-change)
   '("d" . meow-delete)
   '("D" . meow-backward-delete)
   '("e" . meow-next-word)
   '("E" . meow-next-symbol)
   '("f" . meow-find)
   '("g" . meow-cancel-selection)
   '("G" . meow-grab)
   '("h" . meow-left)
   '("H" . meow-left-expand)
   '("i" . meow-insert)
   '("I" . meow-open-above)
   '("j" . meow-next)
   '("J" . meow-next-expand)
   '("k" . meow-prev)
   '("K" . meow-prev-expand)
   '("l" . meow-right)
   '("L" . meow-right-expand)
   '("m" . meow-join)
   '("n" . meow-search)
   '("o" . meow-block)
   '("O" . meow-to-block)
   '("p" . meow-yank)
   '("q" . meow-quit)
   '("Q" . meow-goto-line)
   '("r" . meow-replace)
   '("R" . meow-swap-grab)
   '("s" . meow-kill)
   '("t" . meow-till)
   '("u" . meow-undo)
   '("U" . meow-undo-in-selection)
   '("v" . meow-yank)
   '("w" . meow-mark-word)
   '("W" . meow-mark-symbol)
   '("x" . meow-line)
   '("X" . meow-goto-line)
   '("y" . meow-save)
   '("Y" . meow-sync-grab)
   '("z" . meow-pop-selection)
   '("'" . repeat)
   '("<escape>" . meow-insert)
   '("<next>" . scroll-up-line)
   '("<prior>" . scroll-down-line)))

(use-package meow
  :config
  (meow-setup)
  (meow-global-mode 1)
  (meow-setup-indicator)
  :custom
  (meow-mode-state-list
  '((fundamental-mode . insert)
  (text-mode . insert)
  (prog-mode . insert))))

(meow-define-keys ;; state
 'insert

 ;; bind to a command
 '("<escape>" . ignore))

(use-package hydra)

(use-package emojify)

;; (use-package powerline
;;   :config
;;   (powerline-default-theme))

(use-package minions
  :hook (doom-modeline-mode . minions-mode))

(use-package doom-modeline
;;  :hook (after-init . doom-modeline-init)
  :custom-face
  (mode-line ((t (:height 0.90))))
  (mode-line-inactive ((t (:height 0.90))))
  :custom
  (doom-modeline-height 26)
  (doom-modeline-bar-width 6)
  (doom-modeline-github nil)

  ;; Whether display the mu4e notifications. It requires `mu4e-alert' package.
  (doom-modeline-mu4e t)
  ;; also enable the start of mu4e-alert
  (mu4e-alert-enable-mode-line-display)

  (doom-modeline-persp-name nil)
  (doom-modeline-buffer-file-name-style 'truncate-upto-project)

  ;; Whether to use hud instead of default bar. It's only respected in GUI.
  (doom-modeline-hud nil)

  ;; Whether display icons in the mode-line.
  ;; While using the server mode in GUI, should set the value explicitly.
  (doom-modeline-icon (display-graphic-p))

  ;; Whether display the indentation information.
  (doom-modeline-indent-info t)

  ;; The maximum displayed length of the branch name of version control.
  (setq doom-modeline-vcs-max-length 6)

  ;; Whether display the environment version.
  (setq doom-modeline-env-version t)

  ;; The limit of the window width.
  ;; If `window-width' is smaller than the limit, some information won't be displayed.
  (doom-modeline-window-width-limit fill-column)

  ;; If non-nil, a word count will be added to the selection-info modeline segment.
  (setq doom-modeline-enable-word-count t)

  ;; Whether display the modification icon for the buffer.
  ;; It respects `doom-modeline-icon' and `doom-modeline-buffer-state-icon'.
  (setq doom-modeline-buffer-modification-icon t)

  ;; Whether display the environment version.
  (doom-modeline-env-version t)
  (doom-modeline-major-mode-icon t)

  ;; Whether display the colorful icon for `major-mode'.
  ;; It respects `all-the-icons-color-icons'.
  (doom-modeline-major-mode-color-icon t)

  (doom-modeline-minor-modes t))

(doom-modeline-mode 1)

(use-package org-modern
  :demand t
  :bind
  (:map org-mode-map
       ("C-c m" . org-modern-mode)))

(use-package valign
  :custom (valign-fancy-bar 1)
  :hook (org-mode . valign-mode))

(use-package markdown-mode
  :ensure t
  :mode ("\\.md\\'" .  markdown-mode)
  :init (setq markdown-command "multimarkdown"))

(use-package company
  :straight (company :files (:defaults "icons"))
  :diminish company-mode
;; :bind (:map company-active-map
;;         ("<tab>" . nil)
;;         ("TAB" . nil))
  :custom
  (company-minimum-prefix-length 2)
  (company-idle-delay 0.01)
  :config
 )
(use-package company-prescient
    :after company
    :config
    (company-prescient-mode 1)
    (prescient-persist-mode)
 )
(use-package company-math)
(use-package company-auctex)
;;(use-package company-reftex)
(use-package company-maxima
  :init
  (add-to-list 'company-backends '(
       company-maxima-symbols
       company-maxima-libraries
 )))

(use-package pdf-tools
  :magic ("%PDF" . pdf-view-mode)
  :config
  (pdf-tools-install)
  (setq-default pdf-view-display-size 'fit-page)
  )

(defun try/TeX-command-save-buffer-and-run-all ()
    "Save the buffer and run TeX-command-run-all"
    (interactive)
    (let (TeX-save-query) (TeX-save-document (TeX-master-file)))
    (TeX-command-run-all nil))

;; (defun try/latex-mode-setup ()
;;   (require 'company-reftex)
;;         (turn-on-reftex)
;;         (require 'company-auctex)
;;         (require 'company-math)
;; (setq-local company-backends

;;     (append '(
;;                               (company-reftex-labels
;;                                 company-reftex-citations)
;;               (company-math-symbols-unicode company-math-symbols-latex company-latex-commands)
;;               (company-auctex-macros company-auctex-symbols company-auctex-environments)
;;               company-ispell
;;               )
;;             company-backends)))

;;  use cdlatex
(use-package cdlatex)

;; https://gist.github.com/saevarb/367d3266b3f302ecc896
;; https://piotr.is/2010/emacs-as-the-ultimate-latex-editor/

(use-package latex
  :straight auctex
  :defer t
  :custom
  (olivetti-body-width 100)
  (cdlatex-simplify-sub-super-scripts nil)
;;  (reftex-default-bibliography '("~/ref.bib"))
  (bibtex-dialect 'biblatex)
  :mode
    ("\\.tex\\'" . latex-mode)
  :bind (:map LaTeX-mode-map
	    ("C-c C-e" . cdlatex-environment)
	)
  :hook
    (LaTeX-mode . olivetti-mode)
    (LaTeX-mode . TeX-PDF-mode)
    (LaTeX-mode . company-mode)
    (LaTeX-mode . flyspell-mode)
    (LaTeX-mode . flycheck-mode)
    (LaTeX-mode . LaTeX-math-mode)
;;    (LaTeX-mode . turn-on-reftex)
;;    (LaTeX-mode . TeX-source-correlate-mode)
;;    (LaTeX-mode . try/latex-mode-setup)
    (LaTeX-mode . turn-on-cdlatex)

  :config
(setq
    ;; pdftools
    ;; https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/21755/use-pdfview-as-default-auctex-pdf-viewer#21764
    TeX-view-program-selection '((output-pdf "PDF Tools"))
    TeX-view-program-list '(("PDF Tools" TeX-pdf-tools-sync-view))
;;    TeX-source-correlate-start-server t ;; not sure if last line is neccessary

    TeX-auto-save t
    TeX-save-query nil
    TeX-parse-self t)
;;    reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t
   (setq-default
;;    TeX-master nil
    TeX-PDF-mode t
    TeX-engine 'luatex)
    (add-hook 'TeX-after-compilation-finished-functions #'TeX-revert-document-buffer)
 )

;;(use-package reduce-ide
;;  :straight
;;  (:host github :type git :repo "fjwright/REDUCE-IDE"))

;;(load-file "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/maxima/setup-imaxima-imath.el")

(use-package maxima
  :custom (maxima-display-maxima-buffer nil)
  :mode ("\\.ma[cx]" . maxima-mode)
  :interpreter ("maxima" . maxima-mode))

;;(autoload 'maxima-mode "maxima" "Maxima mode" t)
(autoload 'imaxima "imaxima" "Frontend for maxima with Image support" t)
;;(autoload 'maxima "maxima" "Maxima interaction" t)
(autoload 'imath-mode "imath" "Imath mode for math formula input" t)
;;(setq imaxima-use-maxima-mode-flag t)
;;(setq imaxima-gs-program "gswin64")
(setq imaxima-fnt-size "large")
(setq imaxima-pt-size 12)
;;(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ma[cx]" . maxima-mode))

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((maxima . t))) ; this line activates maxima

(use-package gnuplot)

;; (use-package org-ref
;; :custom
;; (org-ref-default-bibliography "~/ref.bib")
;; (org-ref-pdf-directory "~/papers")
;; :config
;; (require 'org-ref-wos)
;; (require 'doi-utils)
;; )

;; (use-package eaf
;;   :load-path "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/emacs-application-framework"
;;   :custom
;;   ; See https://github.com/emacs-eaf/emacs-application-framework/wiki/Customization
;;   (eaf-browser-continue-where-left-off t)
;;   (eaf-browser-enable-adblocker t)
;;   (browse-url-browser-function 'eaf-open-browser)
;;   (eaf-browser-dark-mode nil)
;;   :config
;;   (defalias 'browse-web #'eaf-open-browser)
;; ;;  (eaf-bind-key scroll_up "C-n" eaf-pdf-viewer-keybinding)
;; ;;  (eaf-bind-key scroll_down "C-p" eaf-pdf-viewer-keybinding)
;; ;;  (eaf-bind-key take_photo "p" eaf-camera-keybinding)
;; ;;  (eaf-bind-key nil "M-q" eaf-browser-keybinding) ;; unbind, see more in the Wiki
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-2048)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-airshare)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-browser)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-camera)
;;   (require 'eaf-demo)
;;   (require 'eaf-file-browser)
;;   (require 'eaf-file-manager)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-file-sender)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-git)
;;   (require 'eaf-image-viewer)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-jupyter)
;;   (require 'eaf-markdown-previewer)
;;   (require 'eaf-mindmap)
;;   (require 'eaf-music-player)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-netease-cloud-music)
;;   (require 'eaf-org-previewer)
;;   (require 'eaf-pdf-viewer)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-rss-reader)
;;   (require 'eaf-system-monitor)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-terminal)
;;   (require 'eaf-video-player)
;; ;;  (require 'eaf-vue-demo)
;;  )

(use-package imenu-list)
(use-package imenu-anywhere)

(use-package tempel
  ;; Require trigger prefix before template name when completing.
  ;; :custom
  ;; (tempel-trigger-prefix "<")

  :bind (("M-+" . tempel-complete) ;; Alternative tempel-expand
         ("M-*" . tempel-insert))

  :init

  ;; Setup completion at point
  (defun tempel-setup-capf ()
    ;; Add the Tempel Capf to `completion-at-point-functions'.
    ;; `tempel-expand' only triggers on exact matches. Alternatively use
    ;; `tempel-complete' if you want to see all matches, but then you
    ;; should also configure `tempel-trigger-prefix', such that Tempel
    ;; does not trigger too often when you don't expect it. NOTE: We add
    ;; `tempel-expand' *before* the main programming mode Capf, such
    ;; that it will be tried first.
    (setq-local completion-at-point-functions
                (cons #'tempel-expand
                      completion-at-point-functions)))

  (add-hook 'prog-mode-hook 'tempel-setup-capf)
  (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'tempel-setup-capf)

  ;; Optionally make the Tempel templates available to Abbrev,
  ;; either locally or globally. `expand-abbrev' is bound to C-x '.
  ;; (add-hook 'prog-mode-hook #'tempel-abbrev-mode)
  ;; (global-tempel-abbrev-mode)
  :custom
  (tempel-path "~/.emacs.d/extensions/templates.el")
)

(setq org-format-latex-options (plist-put org-format-latex-options ':scale' 7.5))

;; (set-face-attribute 'org-agenda-date t :font "Iosevka NF")
;; (set-face-attribute 'org-agenda-current-time t :font "Iosevka NF")
;; (set-face-attribute 'org-agenda-date-weekend t :font "Iosevka NF")
;; (set-face-attribute 'org-agenda-column-dateline t :font "Iosevka NF")
;; (set-face-attribute 'org-agenda-structure t :font "Iosevka NF")

* Re: Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?
@ 2022-11-04  5:02 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-11-04  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mati; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mati <mati@electrum-bikes.pl> writes:

> Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?

I do not think that we can help you much here.

Config highly depends on your personal preferences and choice of
packages. (That's the whole point!) We are unlikely to understand what
you really want to achieve just from seeing the code and your limited
explanations.

The best we can suggest is:
1. Start from small config and add things gradually, so that you can see
   if something is broken after specific addition.
2. Do not put things you do not understand. If you really want something
   and you do not understand how a code snippet from internet works, ask
   on reddit/mailing list/matrix room/IRC, or dig into Emacs/Elisp/Org
   manual for better explanations.
3. Leave commentary on why you put specific piece of code into your
   config and how the code works. It will be extremely (I repeat,
   extremely!) useful when you go back to examine the config in future.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,