* org-capture firefox extension not capture in some cases
@ 2023-10-06 23:43 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2023-10-06 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

in html gmail, i can capture message body text and whatever else.

gmail has an html version and a js version.  html is faster and better for me.

in disroot.org, if i try to capture message body text, it seems to
capture just the link but does not capture the message body text.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com

* Re: org-capture firefox extension not capture in some cases
@ 2023-10-07 10:00 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-10-07 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> in html gmail, i can capture message body text and whatever else.
>
> gmail has an html version and a js version.  html is faster and better for me.
>
> in disroot.org, if i try to capture message body text, it seems to
> capture just the link but does not capture the message body text.

Are you using bookmarklet? Particular extension?

From Org perspective, all we care about is the data passed to Emacs via
org-protocol key/value fields. The question is whether that data is
actually given and mishandled by Org or whether the Firefox extension
you are using is not being able to get the text from particular web page.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: org-capture firefox extension not capture in some cases
@ 2023-10-07 22:33   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2023-10-07 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

i am using firefox org-capture extension with the unicorn label on the
toolbar in firefox.  seems likely that this
possibly-tangential-to-org-per-se message is really wether the
extension is supposed to be able to capture js webmail content text,
or so.  but idk.  it could be an org connection of some type.