* PLOT options
@ 2008-09-26  5:52 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2008-09-26  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Does a line with gnuplot options look like this (for
example):

                #+PLOT with:histograms

I hope not because whatever options I pass to gnuplot this way they are
ignored. ;)

henry

* Re: PLOT options
@ 2008-09-26 15:01 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2008-09-26 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

henry atting <nspm_01@literaturlatenight.de> writes:

> Does a line with gnuplot options look like this (for
> example):
>
>                 #+PLOT with:histograms

There should be a colon after PLOT like so

  #+PLOT: with:histograms

However now that you mention it, requiring the colon does seem kind of
pointless, maybe it would make sense to remove that requirement...

Thanks -- Eric

* Re: PLOT options
@ 2008-09-26 15:26   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2008-09-26 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: henry atting, emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> wrote:

> henry atting <nspm_01@literaturlatenight.de> writes:
>
> > Does a line with gnuplot options look like this (for
> > example):
> >
> >                 #+PLOT with:histograms
> >

> There should be a colon after PLOT like so
>
>   #+PLOT: with:histograms
>
> However now that you mention it, requiring the colon does seem kind of
> pointless, maybe it would make sense to remove that requirement...

That would make it inconsistent with all the other org-mode option
setting however. Searching for #+ in the manual shows that the only
constructs *not* having the colon are the block-type ones:

BEGIN_EXAMPLE
BEGIN_SRC
BEGIN_HTML

etc.

* Re: PLOT options
@ 2008-09-27 11:30     ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2008-09-27 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: henry atting, emacs-orgmode

Zitat - Nick Dokos * Fr Sep 26 2008 um 17:26 -

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> henry atting <nspm_01@literaturlatenight.de> writes:
>>
>> > Does a line with gnuplot options look like this (for
>> > example):
>> >
>> >                 #+PLOT with:histograms
>> >

>> There should be a colon after PLOT like so
>>
>>   #+PLOT: with:histograms
>>
>> However now that you mention it, requiring the colon does seem kind of
>> pointless, maybe it would make sense to remove that requirement...
>>

> That would make it inconsistent with all the other org-mode option
> setting however. Searching for #+ in the manual shows that the only
> constructs *not* having the colon are the block-type ones:
>
> BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> BEGIN_SRC
> BEGIN_HTML
>
> etc.

Another thing was: If I put an empty line between `#+PLOT ...' and the
table I only get standard output.

Now it works fine
Thanks

henry