* Hiding tasks from export but not the agenda
@ 2009-04-20 13:05 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-04-20 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have a task I want to continually see in one of my agenda views but I
want to keep it out of exported HTML files.  I use this task for
clocking miscellaneous time on the project and don't need it in the
exported view since it has no useful detail to be shared.

I've tried using COMMENT but that hides the task from the agenda view
too.

,----[ example task for clocking time only ]
`----

,----[ commented it out doesn't really do what I want ]
| ** COMMENT STARTED Task to clock time on
`----

Putting a COMMENT in front of started keeps it from being exported but
then I can't find it easily when I look for 'STARTED' tasks with an
agenda view.

Is there a good way to handle this?  I think someone talked about a
no-export property at some point but I can't find anything about that in
the code.

Thanks,
Bernt

* Re: Hiding tasks from export but not the agenda
@ 2009-04-20 13:14 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-04-20 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a task I want to continually see in one of my agenda views but I
> want to keep it out of exported HTML files.  I use this task for
> clocking miscellaneous time on the project and don't need it in the
> exported view since it has no useful detail to be shared.

Have you tried the variable org-export-exclude-tags?

Best,
Matt

@ 2009-04-20 15:43   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-04-20 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> I have a task I want to continually see in one of my agenda views but I
>> want to keep it out of exported HTML files.  I use this task for
>> clocking miscellaneous time on the project and don't need it in the
>> exported view since it has no useful detail to be shared.
>
> Have you tried the variable org-export-exclude-tags?

No I haven't.  I'll check it out -- Thanks!

-Bernt