* 7.6 Parsing error with footnotes?
@ 2011-07-18 16:57 Ken.Williams
From: Ken.Williams @ 2011-07-18 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I noticed a problem in a great-big-huge org-mode file of mine after I
upgraded to version 7.6, and I whittled it down to the following org-mode
file:

#+TITLE:     My title here
#+AUTHOR:    Ken Williams

#+BEGIN_SRC R
[1] 173
#+END_SRC

#+begin_example
: [1] 12151
#+end_example

#+begin_example
[1] 8935
#+end_example

When I do "C-c C-e b" to export to HTML, I get the error:

ad-Orig-error: unbalanced begin/end_src blocks with #("#+BEGIN_SRC R
" 0 13 (fontified t font-lock-fontified t) 13 14 (fontified t
font-lock-fontified t))

If I remove any of those [1] thingies, an export will complete without
error (this is true for both this small sample, and my original big file).

I *suspect* that the problem might be an overzealous footnote-finder,
because I also (after the 7.6 upgrade) have a bunch of "<number>
DEFINITION NOT FOUND" errors appearing at the bottom of my exported HTML
file now.

Anyone able to reproduce this?

(yes, I know "[1] 173" isn't valid R code.  Still the export probably
shouldn't bomb out though.)

--
Ken Williams
Senior Research Scientist

* Re: 7.6 Parsing error with footnotes?
@ 2011-07-18 17:35 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-07-18 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken.Williams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

<Ken.Williams@thomsonreuters.com> writes:

> I noticed a problem in a great-big-huge org-mode file of mine after I
> upgraded to version 7.6, and I whittled it down to the following org-mode
> file:

> #+TITLE:     My title here
> #+AUTHOR:    Ken Williams
> #+BEGIN_SRC R
> [1] 173
> #+END_SRC
> #+begin_example
> : [1] 12151
> #+end_example
> #+begin_example
> [1] 8935
> #+end_example

This has been fixed since 7.6 release. footone-finder was indeed
overzealous back then.

Regards,

Footnotes:

[1] DEFINITION NOT FOUND: 1

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: 7.6 Parsing error with footnotes?
@ 2011-07-18 18:12   ` Ken.Williams
From: Ken.Williams @ 2011-07-18 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: n.goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 7/18/11 12:35 PM, "Nicolas Goaziou" <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

>This has been fixed since 7.6 release. footone-finder was indeed
>overzealous back then.

Great, thanks for your help.  I've upgraded to the latest snapshot & the
problem goes away.