* theindex.inc and theindex.org
@ 2011-12-17 15:01 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-17 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

when publishing index entries, Org used to publish both theindex.inc
and an empty theindex.org that you can manually edit.

Long ago, I removed theindex.inc and used theindex.org directly (see
commit f0d7acfb).  But this is not as flexible as publishing both: so
index entries are now stored in theindex.inc back again, and you can
edit theindex.org (see commit dd986192).

Please update your configuration is needed.

Thanks to Stefan Vollmar for insisting on this.

Best,

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=f0d7acfb7867518529d63fe3d111f5f3cf39a61f
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=dd98619286f84c4ced735a052ff13e3fe343c980

--
 Bastien

* Re: theindex.inc and theindex.org
@ 2011-12-17 15:18 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-12-17 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> when publishing index entries, Org used to publish both theindex.inc
> and an empty theindex.org that you can manually edit.
>
> Long ago, I removed theindex.inc and used theindex.org directly (see
> commit f0d7acfb).  But this is not as flexible as publishing both: so
> index entries are now stored in theindex.inc back again, and you can
> edit theindex.org (see commit dd986192).
>
> Please update your configuration is needed.

Where/how do you use this?  I think I missed this discussion.

Do you have a pointer to the thread that talked about this?

Thanks,
Bernt

@ 2011-12-17 15:39   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-17 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>
>> when publishing index entries, Org used to publish both theindex.inc
>> and an empty theindex.org that you can manually edit.
>>
>> Long ago, I removed theindex.inc and used theindex.org directly (see
>> commit f0d7acfb).  But this is not as flexible as publishing both: so
>> index entries are now stored in theindex.inc back again, and you can
>> edit theindex.org (see commit dd986192).
>>
>> Please update your configuration is needed.
>
> Where/how do you use this?  I think I missed this discussion.
>
> Do you have a pointer to the thread that talked about this?

See http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#sec-2-1-18 for the change in
7.7 and http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/44518 for
the discussion this changelog is referring to.

--

@ 2011-12-17 17:44     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-12-17 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>>
>>> when publishing index entries, Org used to publish both theindex.inc
>>> and an empty theindex.org that you can manually edit.
>>>
>>> Long ago, I removed theindex.inc and used theindex.org directly (see
>>> commit f0d7acfb).  But this is not as flexible as publishing both: so
>>> index entries are now stored in theindex.inc back again, and you can
>>> edit theindex.org (see commit dd986192).
>>>
>>> Please update your configuration is needed.
>>
>> Where/how do you use this?  I think I missed this discussion.
>>
>> Do you have a pointer to the thread that talked about this?
>
> See http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#sec-2-1-18 for the change in
> 7.7 and http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/44518 for
> the discussion this changelog is referring to.

Thanks!

Regards,
Bernt