* [org-e-beamer-export-] Feature request: obey org-inlinetask-export
@ 2012-09-25 11:33 Myles English
From: Myles English @ 2012-09-25 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to exclude inline tasks from (the new)
beamer export using:

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(setq org-inlinetask-export nil)
#+END_SRC

After that, it would also be nice to be able to toggle the var using an
#+OPTION.

Thanks,

Myles

* Re: [org-e-beamer-export-] Feature request: obey org-inlinetask-export
@ 2012-09-25 12:24 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-09-25 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Myles,

"Myles English" wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to exclude inline tasks from (the new)
> beamer export using:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
> (setq org-inlinetask-export nil)
> #+END_SRC
>
> After that, it would also be nice to be able to toggle the var using an
> #+OPTION.

+1 for the last request, even if you can always tag them with `:noexport:'.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [org-e-beamer-export-] Feature request: obey org-inlinetask-export
@ 2012-09-25 12:45   ` Myles English
From: Myles English @ 2012-09-25 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Seb,

Sebastien Vauban writes:

> Hi Myles,
>
> "Myles English" wrote:
>> It would be nice to be able to exclude inline tasks from (the new)
>> beamer export using:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
>> (setq org-inlinetask-export nil)
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> After that, it would also be nice to be able to toggle the var using an
>> #+OPTION.
>
> +1 for the last request, even if you can always tag them with
> `:noexport:'.

Tagging an inline task with :noexport: does not prevent it from being
exported for me.  Does it really work with you or are you talking about
normal heading tasks?

@ 2012-09-25 18:58 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-09-25 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Myles English; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Myles English" <mylesenglish@gmail.com> writes:

> It would be nice to be able to exclude inline tasks from (the new)
> beamer export using:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
> (setq org-inlinetask-export nil)
> #+END_SRC

`org-inlinetask-export' support is dropped on purpose in the new
exporter: org-export.el should be the central place to decide what is or
isn't exported.

> After that, it would also be nice to be able to toggle the var using an
> #+OPTION.

The problem is that inlinetasks are not always loaded. In that case, an
"#+OPTION: itask:t" doesn't make much sense.

Though, with filters, you can ignore all inlinetasks for a given
back-end (or all back-ends):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun my-ignore-inlinetasks (inlinetask backend info)
  (and (memq backend '(e-latex e-beamer)) ""))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-inlinetask-functions 'my-ignore-inlinetasks)
#+end_src

Nicolas Goaziou