* exit code editing buffer without installing the changes
@ 2013-02-15  0:02 Not To Miss
From: Not To Miss @ 2013-02-15  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi org-mode users,

I know in a source code block, C-c ' will launch a buffer to edit the
source code and C-c ' again will install the buffer back to the code block.
Sometimes I just want to abort all the changes, so I am wondering: Is there
anyway to exit the buffer without installing the changes   and return to
the org file without any modification?

Thanks,
Zech

* Re: exit code editing buffer without installing the changes
@ 2013-02-15  1:00 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-02-15  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Not To Miss <not.to.miss@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi org-mode users,
>
> I know in a source code block, C-c ' will launch a buffer to edit the
> source code and C-c ' again will install the buffer back to the code block.
> Sometimes I just want to abort all the changes, so I am wondering: Is there
> anyway to exit the buffer without installing the changes   and return to
> the org file without any modification?

Would C-x k RET do?  Or are you looking for something more
sophisticated?

--
This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put

* Re: exit code editing buffer without installing the changes
@ 2013-02-15 22:00 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-15 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Not To Miss; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Zech,

Not To Miss <not.to.miss@gmail.com> writes:

> I know in a source code block, C-c ' will launch a buffer to edit the
> source code and C-c ' again will install the buffer back to the code
> block. Sometimes I just want to abort all the changes, so I am
> wondering: Is there anyway to exit the buffer without installing the
> changes   and return to the org file without any modification?

I implemented this -- you can now use `C-c k' in the buffer, it will
quit and restore the window config correctly.

Thanks for suggesting this!

--
 Bastien

* Re: exit code editing buffer without installing the changes
@ 2013-02-16 17:59   ` Not To Miss
From: Not To Miss @ 2013-02-16 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

awesome. thanks!

@ 2013-02-16 18:43   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-02-16 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Not To Miss

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Zech,
>
> Not To Miss <not.to.miss@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I know in a source code block, C-c ' will launch a buffer to edit the
>> source code and C-c ' again will install the buffer back to the code
>> block. Sometimes I just want to abort all the changes, so I am
>> wondering: Is there anyway to exit the buffer without installing the
>> changes   and return to the org file without any modification?
>
> I implemented this -- you can now use `C-c k' in the buffer, it will
> quit and restore the window config correctly.
>
> Thanks for suggesting this!

We use C-c C-k to abort a capture buffer - would that key be more
consistent?

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: exit code editing buffer without installing the changes
@ 2013-02-16 20:38     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-16 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Not To Miss, emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> We use C-c C-k to abort a capture buffer - would that key be more
> consistent?

Indeed, I made this change, thanks!

--
 Bastien