* About documentation of macro replacement
@ 2013-04-20 11:34 xfq
From: xfq @ 2013-04-20 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think info:org#Macro%20replacement should be refined.  I really don't
understand what this node is talking about.  It says:

  You can define text snippets with
     #+MACRO: name   replacement text $1, $2 are arguments

What does "$1", "$2" mean here?  It isn't mentioned before, and I only
know what it means in the spreadsheet.  And it doesn't look like a
C/Lisp/m4/TeX macro.

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

* Re: About documentation of macro replacement
@ 2013-04-20 11:56 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-20 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xfq; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

xfq <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> I think info:org#Macro%20replacement should be refined.  I really don't
> understand what this node is talking about.  It says:
>
>   You can define text snippets with
>      #+MACRO: name   replacement text $1, $2 are arguments
>
> What does "$1", "$2" mean here?  It isn't mentioned before, and I only
> know what it means in the spreadsheet.  And it doesn't look like a
> C/Lisp/m4/TeX macro.

$1 and $2 are placeholders for macro arguments. $1 will be replaced by
the first argument and $2 by the second one.

You can provide a new phrasing for the section and we'll consider adding
it to the manual.

Nicolas Goaziou