* bug in exporter (org-babel-exp-process-buffer)
@ 2014-06-10  0:22 Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2014-06-10  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The use of `org-confirm-babel-evaluate' as a function breaks inline src
blocks just as was described in this thread from last year:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-11/msg00669.html

I believe that the patch by Eric Schulte in

===
commit 6a4dfd318296925b3b895ca6ab85e31309acf84d
Author: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
Date:   Sat Nov 23 12:24:34 2013 -0700

    fixed export of inline src blocks

    * lisp/ob-exp.el (org-babel-exp-non-block-elements): Fixed export of
      inline src blocks.
===

did the right thing back then, but the function to which it was applied was
removed later on,

I think org-babel-exp-process-buffer took over the work of the
removed function.

I believe that Eric's patch or something like it would fix the current
problem in org-babel-exp-process-buffer:

       (inline-src-block
-       (let* ((info (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match))
+       (let* ((head (match-beginning 0))
+              (info (append (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match)
+                            (list nil nil head)))
               (params (nth 2 info)))
          (setf (nth 1 info)

Can this be fixed, please?

Thanks,

Chuck

* Re: bug in exporter (org-babel-exp-process-buffer)
@ 2014-06-10 20:00 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-06-10 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Berry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> The use of `org-confirm-babel-evaluate' as a function breaks inline src
> blocks just as was described in this thread from last year:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-11/msg00669.html

[...]

> I believe that Eric's patch or something like it would fix the current
> problem in org-babel-exp-process-buffer:
>
>        (inline-src-block
> -       (let* ((info (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match))
> +       (let* ((head (match-beginning 0))
> +              (info (append (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match)
> +                            (list nil nil head)))
>                (params (nth 2 info)))
>           (setf (nth 1 info)
>
> Can this be fixed, please?

I tried to apply these changes in maint, but I see no difference with
current behaviour when exporting the ECM provided in the thread above.
Am I missing something?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: bug in exporter (org-babel-exp-process-buffer)
@ 2014-06-10 21:11   ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2014-06-10 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:
>
>> The use of `org-confirm-babel-evaluate' as a function breaks inline src
>> blocks just as was described in this thread from last year:
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-11/msg00669.html
>>

> [...]
>
>> I believe that Eric's patch or something like it would fix the current
>> problem in org-babel-exp-process-buffer:
>>
>>        (inline-src-block
>> -       (let* ((info (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match))
>> +       (let* ((head (match-beginning 0))
>> +              (info (append (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match)
>> +                            (list nil nil head)))
>>                (params (nth 2 info)))
>>           (setf (nth 1 info)
>>
>> Can this be fixed, please?
>
> I tried to apply these changes in maint, but I see no difference with
> current behaviour when exporting the ECM provided in the thread above.
> Am I missing something?

Sorry, my bad.

`:exports results' needs to be added to the src block:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results
[...]

When run with master, after the prompt for evaluating the src block, an
error is thrown. *Messages* shows

,----
| Evaluate this emacs-lisp code block on your system? (y or n)  y
| executing Emacs-Lisp code block...
| Code block evaluation complete.
| cond: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
`----

evidently the result of (goto-char ,head) with nil as the value of head
when trying to evaluate src_R{...}.

Adding the lines results in correct export with no prompt at the
(later) inline src block.

HTH,

@ 2014-06-11 20:15     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-06-11 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Charles C. Berry" <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> When run with master, after the prompt for evaluating the src block,
> an error is thrown. *Messages* shows
>
> ,----
> | Evaluate this emacs-lisp code block on your system? (y or n)  y
> | executing Emacs-Lisp code block...
> | Code block evaluation complete.
> | cond: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
> `----
>
> evidently the result of (goto-char ,head) with nil as the value of
> head when trying to evaluate src_R{...}.
>
> Adding the lines results in correct export with no prompt at the
> (later) inline src block.

Applied to master. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou