* Programmatically handling org files
@ 2016-09-12 11:44 Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2016-09-12 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is some sort of (semi)official API for handling
org files programmatically. That's to say, is there a documented way for
non-org Emacs packages to manipulate (the contents of) org files?

Specifically, I'm wondering about creating and deleting entries (by
entries I mean headers with their contents), changing TODO state, moving
entries, that sort of thing.

Also, I was wondering if there's a way to hook into org-store-link. For
a particular major mode, I would like to be able to define what kind of
link is created when the user calls `org-store-link`. I looked at the
source of `org-store-link` and it looks like the answer is no, but I
thought I'd ask anyway. I could of course create the link myself and add
it to `org-stored-links` but that feels rather hackish and I suspect
will blow up in my face at some point in the future.

TIA

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments