* export from a symlink to the source directory?
@ 2017-10-25 17:20 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2017-10-25 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

If I have a file symlinked to another directory, is it possible for it
to be exported to the original source directory as a .tex file please?

Example -

Original file ~/research/rhubarb/rhubarb17.org

Symlinked to ~/.emacs.d/org/rhubarb17.org

But when I export the file from the symlink to a latex file I end up with ~/.emacs.d/org/rhubarb17.tex

Whereas what I'm looking for is ~/research/rhubarb/rhubarb17.tex

So how can I do that please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.2, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.3.2, org-mode 9.1.1

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: export from a symlink to the source directory?
@ 2017-10-25 22:21 ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2017-10-25 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: org-mode-email

Just off the top of my head, things I would try would be

There is no easy switch to just make this happen that I'm aware
of. Therefore, I think you really only have two options.

1. You could try setting an :export property at the file header level
which specifies the name (and location) of the export file.

2. Change your setup and instead of having a file sym link, do a sym
link of the parent directory. Any files you then put into that directory
will appear under your .emacs.d as well as being put into the original
source directory.

Tim

--
Tim Cross