* org-time-stamp keep the month and the year
@ 2019-08-18 15:16 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2019-08-18 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Sometimes I have to insert various dates of a given month/year in a
table. However if this is not an actual date, every time I use
org-time-stamp I have to go back.

On the other hand if this command is used twice in succession, a time
range is inserted. So in some way the same month/year is kept.

Could I obtain this behavior although I don't use the command twice in
succession but move say the cursor.

Uwe Brauer

* Re: org-time-stamp keep the month and the year
@ 2020-02-04 11:58 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-04 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Sometimes I have to insert various dates of a given month/year in a
> table. However if this is not an actual date, every time I use
> org-time-stamp I have to go back.
>
> On the other hand if this command is used twice in succession, a time
> range is inserted. So in some way the same month/year is kept.
>
> Could I obtain this behavior although I don't use the command twice in
> succession but move say the cursor.

I don't really understand what you need - can you show us with an
example table and timestamps?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien