* simple code to use focus-mode with org
@ 2020-04-23 18:48 Marc Ihm
From: Marc Ihm @ 2020-04-23 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: larstvei

Hi,

when presenting things informally from org I often use the great
focus-mode (see https://github.com/larstvei/Focus) to keep my audience
focused on the individual nodes of my presentation:

(defun forward-heading (&optional N)
   "Forward one orgmode-heading for thing-at-point"
   (interactive "p")
   (if (= N -1)
       (outline-previous-heading)
     (outline-next-heading)))

(require 'thingatpt)
(require 'focus)

(setq focus-mode-to-thing '((org-mode . heading)))
(focus-mode)

The only interesting thing here is the trivial function forward-heading,
which allows focus-mode to handle org-nodes and focus on them.
The connection is made by setting focus-mode-to-thing; the symbol
heading leads focus-mode to invoke forward-heading, see the
documentation of thingatpt for details.

Hope someone finds this useful.

regards,
Marc

* Re: simple code to use focus-mode with org
@ 2020-04-24  4:55 ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2020-04-24  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Ihm; +Cc: larstvei, emacs-orgmode