* [BUG] Org-cycle strange behaviour in Emacs 29.0.50 [9.5.3 (9.5.3-g0b07b3 @ /home/yaslam/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
@ 2022-05-10 18:05 Yusef Aslam
From: Yusef Aslam @ 2022-05-10 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-05-09
Package: Org mode version 9.5.3 (9.5.3-g0b07b3 @ /home/yaslam/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)

I have strange behaviour in Emacs 29.0.50 and the org-cycle function inside org-mode, my config is normal and I haven't changed the behaviour for the TAB key inside org-mode.

When I am in an org-mode document, pressing TAB doesn't show subtrees, I bound org-cycle to double click on the mouse and it works everytime, just when pressing TAB on a heading, it doesn't show the content of that heading until I unfocus and then refocus the Emacs window.

I switched back to Emacs 27.2 and went into one of my files that are in org-mode, and org-cycle works perfectly when pressing TAB everytime.

This might be an issue not related to org-mode in Emacs 29.0.50, but pressing TAB in markdown-mode for example which also collapses heading content, it works perfectly when pressing TAB to show contents, and pressing TAB again to hide contents, but just in org-mode on Emacs 29.0.50 pressing TAB has strange behaviour, so I thought that org-cycle (the function that is called when pressing TAB by default) would be the problem, but I don't know.

* Re: [BUG] Org-cycle strange behaviour in Emacs 29.0.50 [9.5.3 (9.5.3-g0b07b3 @ /home/yaslam/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
@ 2022-05-10 18:07 ` Yusef Aslam
From: Yusef Aslam @ 2022-05-10 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

My org-mode config:
(use-package org
  :commands (org-capture org-agenda)
  :bind (("C-c l" . org-store-link)
("C-c a" . org-agenda)
("C-c c" . org-capture)
("C-c g" . org-capture-goto-file)
(:map org-mode-map
      ("<double-mouse-1>" . org-cycle)
      ("<f8>" . org-tree-slide-mode)
      ("S-<f8>" . org-tree-slide-skip-done-toggle)))
  :config
  ;; (org-indent-mode)
  (visual-line-mode 1)
  ;; Improve org mode looks
  (setq org-startup-folded t)
  (setq org-startup-with-inline-images t)
  (setq org-image-actual-width '(600))
  (setq org-startup-indented nil)
  (setq org-pretty-entities nil)
  (setq org-hide-emphasis-markers nil)
  (setq org-hide-leading-stars nil)
  ;; For navigation in the `org-goto' buffer
  (setq org-goto-auto-isearch nil)
  ;; Set org files directory
  (setq org-directory "~/Documents/GTD")
  ;; Set org agenda files location
  (setq org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/GTD/Tasks"))

  ;; Configuring Org Capture Templates
  ;; https://orgmode.org/manual/Capture-templates.html
  ;; https://orgmode.org/manual/Template-elements.html
  ;; http://howardism.org/Technical/Emacs/capturing-intro.html
  (setq org-capture-templates
'(("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline "~/Documents/GTD/Tasks/gtd.org" "Tasks")
           "* TODO %?\n  %i\n  %a")
 ("n" "Notes" plain (file "~/.notes")
  "* ENTER NOTE TITLE HERE%?\n")
 ("r" "Random Note" plain (file "~/.notes")
  "* Random Note\n%?"
  :empty-lines 0)
 ("p" "Project Idea" plain (file "~/Documents/GTD/Tasks/projects.org")
  "* TODO (ENTER PROJECT NAME HERE)%?\n"))))
________________________________

@ 2022-05-11 13:32 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-05-11 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yusef Aslam; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Yusef Aslam <YUZi54780@outlook.com> writes:

> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.16.0)
>  of 2022-05-09
> Package: Org mode version 9.5.3 (9.5.3-g0b07b3 @ /home/yaslam/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)
>
> I have strange behaviour in Emacs 29.0.50 and the org-cycle function inside org-mode, my config is normal and I haven't changed the behaviour for the TAB key inside org-mode.
>
> When I am in an org-mode document, pressing TAB doesn't show subtrees, I bound org-cycle to double click on the mouse and it works everytime, just when pressing TAB on a heading, it doesn't show the content of that heading until I unfocus and then refocus the Emacs window.
>
> I switched back to Emacs 27.2 and went into one of my files that are in org-mode, and org-cycle works perfectly when pressing TAB everytime.

Thanks for the report! Are you able to reproduce the issue starting from
emacs -Q? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html

Best,
Ihor

       [not found]                                 ` <CWXP265MB63140FB3E3DA9EF43DE5878DFDCD9@CWXP265MB6314.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
@ 2022-05-15  1:58                                   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-05-15  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yusef Aslam; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yusef Aslam <YUZi54780@outlook.com> writes:

> I've supplied a video to show you that it does indeed work properly now:

Good to hear that the problem is resolved now.
I am CCing this email to the Org ML, to indicate that the problem is
solved.

To List, the problem was caused by earlier Emacs master and resolved
itself after an update.

Best,
Ihor