* Question about end date for a scheduled task
@ 2010-01-04 15:23 Avinash Kulkarni
From: Avinash Kulkarni @ 2010-01-04 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to specify when a particular task should stop repeating? For
instance, I need to backup the server in my office once a week for the next
3 weeks, after which the employee in charge will take it over again. Right
now, I just added it as a C-x C-s +1w scheduled task, but this causes it to
show up on my agenda even after the third week. Is archiving this task the
only option?

Avinash.

* Re: Question about end date for a scheduled task
@ 2010-01-04 17:35 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2010-01-04 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marking it DONE also works.

--
Manish

@ 2010-01-05 15:01 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2010-01-05 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Avinash Kulkarni <avinashgk@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, Is there a way to specify when a particular task should stop
> repeating? For instance, I need to backup the server in my office once
> a week for the next 3 weeks, after which the employee in charge will
> take it over again. Right now, I just added it as a C-x C-s +1w
> scheduled task, but this causes it to show up on my agenda even after
> the third week. Is archiving this task the only option?

For a task only repeated 3 times, I settled on giving each instance a
separate entry. If it is a complex item with several subitems,
the command org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift command helps a lot.

,----[ (info "(org)Structure editing") ]
| `C-c C-x c'
|      Clone a subtree by making a number of sibling copies of it.  You
|      will be prompted for the number of copies to make, and you can
|      also specify if any timestamps in the entry should be shifted.
|      This can be useful, for example, to create a number of tasks
|      related to a series of lectures to prepare.  For more details, see
|      the docstring of the command `org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift'.
`----

hth