* Best publishing tool
@ 2011-02-03  4:37 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-02-03  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi list,

What do you guys think about asciidoc, has any of you ever used it? I
have a couple of papers and one ebook to write and I don't know if I
go the asciidoc, org or LaTeX path. I'd say asciidoc and orgmode would
be the way to go, because of the small learning curve. Any suggestions
appreciated!

Thanks,

Marcelo.

* Re: Best publishing tool
@ 2011-02-03  6:45 ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2011-02-03  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:37:57 -0600
Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you guys think about asciidoc, has any of you ever used it?

It is nice system, but I do not like Docbook-toolchain...and therefore
prefer reStructuredText (http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html)
along with Sphinx (http://sphinx.pocoo.org/).

YMMV. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA

* Re: Best publishing tool
@ 2011-02-03 12:48 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-02-03 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi list,
>
> What do you guys think about asciidoc, has any of you ever used it?

I tried it out a while ago.  It's simple and the markup format is
similar (not the same) to org. In fact should be straightforward to
translate from one to the other.

However, I wouldn't use it for a long document instead of org for one
simple reason: org has so much extra functionality over and above markup
such as, for instance, project management and tags+categories.  I find
it so much easier to be productive by being able to incorporate todos
and so on within a document rather than having a separate task manager.
Searching and navigation within a large document is also easier.

YMMV, of course.
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.304.g71203.dirty)