* Tag groups: thanks
@ 2013-06-03  0:42 John Tait
From: John Tait @ 2013-06-03  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just a quick belated note to say thank-you very much for the "tag groups"
feature in org-mode 8.

It's very similar to a "tag hierarchy" request I made on the list a while
ago, so I'm delighted to see something similar in the new version.

Cheers, John

* Re: Tag groups: thanks
@ 2013-06-03  6:45 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-06-03  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a quick belated note to say thank-you very much for the "tag groups"
> feature in org-mode 8.
>
> It's very similar to a "tag hierarchy" request I made on the list a while
> ago, so I'm delighted to see something similar in the new version.

I am not sure how the situation is with the official releases.
However, I am using these tag groups since I started with Org-mode
in 2011.

Nevertheless it's always very nice to say thank you and you're
absolutely right: this *is* quite handy :-)

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github

* Re: Tag groups: thanks
@ 2013-06-04 10:02 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-04 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Tait; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com> writes:

> Just a quick belated note to say thank-you very much for the "tag
> groups" feature in org-mode 8.

Glad you like it!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Tag groups: thanks
@ 2013-06-04 10:04   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-04 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> * John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just a quick belated note to say thank-you very much for the "tag groups"
>> feature in org-mode 8.
>>
>> It's very similar to a "tag hierarchy" request I made on the list a while
>> ago, so I'm delighted to see something similar in the new version.
>
> I am not sure how the situation is with the official releases.
> However, I am using these tag groups since I started with Org-mode
> in 2011.

Mhh.. quite impossible, as tag groups were really implemented
after 7.9.4 -- see the documentation:

  http://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-groups.html

surely you have something else in mind, like simple grouping
like { tag1 tag2 } ?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Tag groups: thanks
@ 2013-06-04 12:02     ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-06-04 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> * John Tait <johngtait@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just a quick belated note to say thank-you very much for the "tag groups"
>>> feature in org-mode 8.
>>
>> I am not sure how the situation is with the official releases.
>> However, I am using these tag groups since I started with Org-mode
>> in 2011.
>
> Mhh.. quite impossible, as tag groups were really implemented
> after 7.9.4 -- see the documentation:
>
>   http://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-groups.html
>
> surely you have something else in mind, like simple grouping
> like { tag1 tag2 } ?

You're absolutely right: I mixed up simple grouping with Tag groups.

Therefore, I add myself to the thank-you-list of this new feature I
was not aware of :-)