* Table of Contents Title header
@ 2013-09-27 14:42 Ciaran Mulloy
From: Ciaran Mulloy @ 2013-09-27 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
I am using Org-mode for writing product manuals and documentation and
exporting to PDF using the Latex Export. (I'm still using Org-Mode 7.8 as
I've been a little apprehensive about upgrading to the new Latex Export
version).

I am using the fancy header package:
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{fancyhdr}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \pagestyle{fancy}
#+LATEX_HEADER:
\fancyhead[RO,RE]{\includegraphics[width=1.5cm]{company_logo.pdf}}

It outputs a nice section header together with the company logo nicely
positioned at the top of the page.

My only problem is that I want to include a table of contents which I do as
follows in the title header:

However the Table of Contents section title 'Contents' overwrites the
section header 'contents' at the top of the page. Is there a way of being
able to suppress the Table of Contents title 'Contents'.

I know that in Latex one can have an additional option of how a section
header is displayed and just show a blank text. However I haven't been able
to do that.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Ciaran

* Re: Table of Contents Title header
@ 2013-10-01  8:06 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-10-01  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ciaran Mulloy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ciaran Mulloy <cmulloy@druidsoftware.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I am using Org-mode for writing product manuals and documentation and
> exporting to PDF using the Latex Export. (I'm still using Org-Mode 7.8 as
> I've been a little apprehensive about upgrading to the new Latex Export
> version).

I understand your hesitation.  However, the move is actually not as
painful as you might think!

> I am using the fancy header package:
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{fancyhdr}
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \pagestyle{fancy}
> #+LATEX_HEADER:
> \fancyhead[RO,RE]{\includegraphics[width=1.5cm]{company_logo.pdf}}
>
> It outputs a nice section header together with the company logo nicely
> positioned at the top of the page.
>
> My only problem is that I want to include a table of contents which I do as
> follows in the title header:

> However the Table of Contents section title 'Contents' overwrites the
> section header 'contents' at the top of the page. Is there a way of being
> able to suppress the Table of Contents title 'Contents'.

I do not understand this.  Can you maybe post a minimal example that
illustrates this?  What LaTeX class are you using?

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.1.1-7-gaecdf5