* Per command org-agenda-prefix-format
@ 2015-10-07 15:24 Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-10-07 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Hi,

I wanted to prefix the results of a tags-todo agenda command with
scheduling information.  But I can't seem to figure out the correct way
to do this.  This is what I tried:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("J" "Type1/Type2"
         ((tags-todo "CATEGORY=\"foo\"+type1"
        	     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Type1")))
          (tags-todo "CATEGORY=\"foo\"+type2"
        	     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Type2"))))
         ((org-agenda-files (list "~/tmp/org/tasks.org"))
          (org-agenda-prefix-format "  % s")
          (org-agenda-compact-blocks t)))))

With the attached Org file, the agenda buffer looks like this:

Type1
  foo:        TODO Item 1                           :type1::
  foo:        TODO Item 3                           :type1::
Type2
  foo:        TODO Item 8                           :type2::

Anyone any thoughts?  Actually I have wanted a view like "Timeline" for
many years for my agenda searches.  Is that possible?  That would be
even better.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu