* org export customization: why do #+EXCLUDE_TAGS: settings have no effect?
@ 2015-11-09 18:47 Martin Steffen
From: Martin Steffen @ 2015-11-09 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I want selective export in org (for instance, exporting to beamer/latex, and
html etc). I seem to understand the "theory" but it seems not really to work
for me.

what _works_ is as follows: I set directly a corresponding variable, in
particular, for instance, set it "hard" to

(setq org-export-exclude-tags '("noexport" "private" "handout")

"noexport" is the original value, but I want to keep trees tagged as
"private" and as "handout" out of for instance the slides.

Now that seems to work.

Now: when I want to /customize/ that in the org-file itself, it seems that's
done by doing something like

#+EXCLUDE_TAGS: private

(In (older?) versions, I also found #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS).

Anyhow: having such a specification in the org-file seems to have /no
effect/, even if I "refresh" the org-file, nor does it work when I visit the
file for the first time. It seems simply not to affect the said variable
"org-export-exclude-tags"

--

I use a pretty up-to-date org version pulled from git-hub (org-version
8.3.2, emacs-version 24.3.1)

Martin