* org-info.js (un)maintained ?
@ 2017-07-07  8:33 Olivier Berger
From: Olivier Berger @ 2017-07-07  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

Looking at https://github.com/SebastianRose/org-info-js the code seems
rather unmaintained.

On the other hand, there's a copy inside worg/code that seems a bit more
recent.

Has anyone tried and avoid a fork here ?

I fear the situation isn't going to improve as it is.

Maybe a useful thing to do could be to merge the changes from worg/code
into a clone on github and make sure there are pending corresponding
pull requests ?

Or, if the maintainer is unresponsive, document the "fork" in the docs
under http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/ ?

I haven't tried yet to contact Sebastian Rose and thought that maybe
others could enlighten me on the code's status before I dig more into
the issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8

* Re: org-info.js (un)maintained ?
@ 2017-07-07 11:16 ` Olivier Berger
From: Olivier Berger @ 2017-07-07 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

Responding to myself a bit :

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu> writes:

> Maybe a useful thing to do could be to merge the changes from worg/code
> into a clone on github and make sure there are pending corresponding
> pull requests ?

At least this seems to be feasable, but the result would need some
testing... and maybe the merge back from github to worg, as the codebase
in GitHub changed too in between.

My attempt at merging worg -> github :
https://github.com/SebastianRose/org-info-js/pull/12

Hope this helps,

Best regards.
--

@ 2017-07-08 10:25 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-07-08 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Berger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu> writes:

> Looking at https://github.com/SebastianRose/org-info-js the code seems
> rather unmaintained.
>
> On the other hand, there's a copy inside worg/code that seems a bit more
> recent.

Thank you for looking into this.

> I haven't tried yet to contact Sebastian Rose and thought that maybe
> others could enlighten me on the code's status before I dig more into
> the issue.

Even though you made a pull request on the repository, I think our best
bet still is to contact Sebastian Rose for the time being.

Nicolas Goaziou