* Bug? org-clock-report options order sensitive? [9.1.2 (9.1.2-25-g2567fe-elpa @ emacs/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171030/)]
@ 2017-11-01  7:36 umberto boccioni
From: umberto boccioni @ 2017-11-01  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-04-25
Package: Org mode version 9.1.2 (9.1.2-25-g2567fe-elpa @ emacs/.
emacs.d/elpa/org-20171030/)

In a .org file (not an agenda buffer) using the clock-report (M-x
org-clock-report) with otherwise default options, the order of options
manually entered seems to change the output of the report.  Is this a
config thing on my end, or is this intended and I overlooked the relevant
section in the manual?

Below are the outputs of org-clock-report with only two options reversed
(not sure if tables will come out aligned, but differences are obvious).
With ":fileskip0" option last, the output is as expected, with the ":scope
agenda" using all agenda files as sources for the clocks, and fileskip
paring away tables from files not used.

However, with the "fileskip0" option first, the "scope" option is not
honored and only the clock from the current buffer (the default choice for
clocktable) is shown.  To do this, I manually reversed the options and then
updated the dynamic block via (M-x org-dblock-update) with cursor on the
"BEGIN" line.  I get similar behavior with other options, e.g. ":link"  Is
anyone able to reproduce this?

#+BEGIN: clocktable :scope agenda :fileskip0
#+CAPTION: Clock summary at [2017-11-01 Wed 16:09]
| File              | Headline                              | Time
|      |
|-------------------+---------------------------------------
+------------+------|
|                   | ALL *Total time*                      | *1d 16:50*
|      |
|-------------------+---------------------------------------
+------------+------|
| WorkTasks.org     | *File time*                           | *1d 0:25*
|      |
|                   | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx... | 1d 0:25
|      |
|-------------------+---------------------------------------
+------------+------|
| Notesxxxxxxxx.org | *File time*                           | *7:14*
|      |
|                   | xxxxxxxx                              | 7:14
|      |
|-------------------+---------------------------------------
+------------+------|
| todo.org          | *File time*                           | *9:11*
|      |
|                   | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxs               | 0:19
|      |
|                   | xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                        | 8:52
|      |
|                   | \_  sign xxxxx                        |            |
8:52 |
#+END:

#+BEGIN: clocktable :fileskip0 :scope agenda
#+CAPTION: Clock summary at [2017-11-01 Wed 16:52]
| Headline     | Time   |
|--------------+--------|
| *Total time* | *7:14* |
|--------------+--------|
| xxxxxxxx     | 7:14   |
#+END:

* Re: Bug? org-clock-report options order sensitive? [9.1.2 (9.1.2-25-g2567fe-elpa @ emacs/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171030/)]
@ 2017-11-08 14:14 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-11-08 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: umberto boccioni; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

umberto boccioni <vexware@gmail.com> writes:

> #+BEGIN: clocktable :fileskip0 :scope agenda

In this case, ":scope" is probably seen as the value of the property
":fileskip0".

You may want to try

  #+BEGIN: clocktable :fileskip0 t :scope agenda

Nicolas Goaziou