* virtual org-mode meetup tomorrow 11am EST
@ 2020-03-14 13:33 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2020-03-14 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

Hi everyone,

I would like to host a virtual org-mode meetup tomorrow. It has been on my
mind to do this for a while, but recent events due to the coronavirus have
made it more urgent to figure out how to do this! For example, next week we
are teaching everything this way. So, tomorrow, I invite you to join my
meeting (details below) to chat about org-mode things. If it is a wild
success and there are a lot of you, maybe we will try making breakout rooms
in the meeting to have small groups on different topics.

The meeting will start at 11amEST and go to 12:30pm.

I am open to any topics for discussion. We could also have short
presentations if anyone wants to put one together. We could plan a virtual
org-mode conference for another date. We could collaborate in real time on
some new feature.  If you have some ideas let me know and I will see what
we can do!

I hope to see some of you tomorrow.

Best wishes,

John Kitchin is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://cmu.zoom.us/j/849205716
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://cmu.zoom.us/j/849205716&sa=D&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw0cCMKSpS34NehyeJu1YoL_>

Meeting ID: 849 205 716

One tap mobile
+19292056099,,849205716# US (New York)
+13126266799,,849205716# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 470 250 9358 US (Atlanta)
        +1 646 518 9805 US (New York)
        +1 786 635 1003 US (Miami)
        +1 602 753 0140 US (Phoenix)
        +1 651 372 8299 US
        +1 669 219 2599 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 720 928 9299 US (Denver)
        +1 971 247 1195 US (Portland)
        +1 213 338 8477 US (Los Angeles)
        +1 253 215 8782 US
        +1 301 715 8592 US
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 849 205 716
Find your local number: https://cmu.zoom.us/u/aJ805L6JI
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://cmu.zoom.us/u/aJ805L6JI&sa=D&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw05cow-L8ZI04KAXEvWk6vk>

Join by SIP
849205716@zoomcrc.com

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India Mumbai)
115.114.115.7 (India Hyderabad)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
103.122.166.55 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)
207.226.132.110 (Japan)
Meeting ID: 849 205 716

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

* Re: virtual org-mode meetup tomorrow 11am EST
@ 2020-03-15 17:56 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2020-03-15 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks to John for hosting, and to all who "attended" virtually.  It was
great fun.  Looking forward to doing it again.

* Re: virtual org-mode meetup tomorrow 11am EST
@ 2020-03-28 14:50 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2020-03-28 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin, org-mode-email

FYI:
I have recently stumbled upon a FOSS service for video conferencing:
https://meet.jit.si/ (recommended in Tor blog
https://blog.torproject.org/remote-work-personal-safety)

Might be another option for future meetings.

Best,
Ihor

--
Ihor Radchenko,
PhD,

* Re: virtual org-mode meetup tomorrow 11am EST
@ 2020-03-29  6:19   ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2020-03-29  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> FYI:
> I have recently stumbled upon a FOSS service for video conferencing:
> https://meet.jit.si/ (recommended in Tor blog
> https://blog.torproject.org/remote-work-personal-safety)
>
> Might be another option for future meetings.

Yes, that's what was used for EmacsConf 2019.  It seemed to work well
enough.  See the archived videos.