* Org cite in SQLite?
@ 2023-01-25 17:27 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2023-01-25 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Aloha all,

The @ character in an Org citation seems to block import to an
SQLite table.

Has anyone successfully imported an Org citation to an SQLite
table?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
https://tsdye.online/tsdye

* Re: Org cite in SQLite?
@ 2023-01-26  9:22 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-01-26  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

> The @ character in an Org citation seems to block import to an
> SQLite table.
>
> Has anyone successfully imported an Org citation to an SQLite
> table?

Could you please elaborate?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Org cite in SQLite?
@ 2024-04-05 17:47   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2024-04-05 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Thomas S. Dye, emacs-orgmode

> "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:
>
>> The @ character in an Org citation seems to block import to an
>> SQLite table.
>>
>> Has anyone successfully imported an Org citation to an SQLite
>> table?
>
> Could you please elaborate?

It appears I let this drop.  My apologies.

I think my problem is caused by orgtbl-to-csv.

When I export the following table to csv with orgtbl-to-csv from
emacs -q:

#+name: test-csv-export
| index | citation                                              |
|-------+-------------------------------------------------------|
|     1 | [cite: @schulte12:_multi_languag_comput_envir_liter;] |

The result excludes the citation:

index,citation
1,

Is this expected?  If so, is there a work-around?

All the best,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye
https://tsdye.online/tsdye

* Re: Org cite in SQLite?
@ 2024-04-06 12:16     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-04-06 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

> When I export the following table to csv with orgtbl-to-csv from
> emacs -q:
>
> #+name: test-csv-export
> | index | citation                                              |
> |-------+-------------------------------------------------------|
> |     1 | [cite: @schulte12:_multi_languag_comput_envir_liter;] |
>
> The result excludes the citation:
>
> index,citation
> 1,
>
> Is this expected?  If so, is there a work-around?

I can reproduce on the latest bugfix, but I cannot reproduce on the
latest main - the citation is exported verbatim on main, which is
expected.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Org cite in SQLite?
@ 2024-04-06 20:19       ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2024-04-06 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Thomas S. Dye, emacs-orgmode

> "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:
>
>> When I export the following table to csv with orgtbl-to-csv
>> from
>> emacs -q:
>>
>> #+name: test-csv-export
>> | index | citation
>> |
>> |-------+-------------------------------------------------------|
>> |     1 | [cite: @schulte12:_multi_languag_comput_envir_liter;]
>> |

>> The result excludes the citation:
>>
>> index,citation
>> 1,
>>
>> Is this expected?  If so, is there a work-around?
>
> I can reproduce on the latest bugfix, but I cannot reproduce on
> the
> latest main - the citation is exported verbatim on main, which
> is
> expected.

Good to know.  Thanks.

--