* Org-mode version 6.30trans; Cursor does not move to end-of-line in agenda view
@ 2009-09-20 15:01 David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2009-09-20 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

I recently noticed a display glitch: In agenda view the cursor cannot
be moved to end-of-line but only to (end-of-line)-1.

To reproduce it:

 - C-a t

 - Move cursor to end of line (by <END>-key or cursor-right)

 - And the cursor stops over the last "L

   Global list of TODO items of type: ALL
                                        ^
As far as I can tell this causes no harm (for me).

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.6)
 of 2009-09-09 on elegiac, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 6.30trans

Regards,

  -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x316F4BE4670716FD
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

* Re: Org-mode version 6.30trans; Cursor does not move to end-of-line in agenda view
@ 2009-09-21 17:00 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-21 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

yes, Org does not allow to put the cursor at the end of the line in
the agenda.
This is an artifact and hast to do with the fact that the agenda often
looks
at text properties to access information about the item.  The \n does
not have those properties.

I could fix this, but I don't actually see a good reason for it.
Give me one, and I will change it.

- Carsten

@ 2009-09-24 11:47   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-09-24 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

> yes, Org does not allow to put the cursor at the end of the line in
> the agenda.  This is an artifact and hast to do with the fact that the
> agenda often looks at text properties to access information about the
> item.  The \n does not have those properties.
>
> I could fix this, but I don't actually see a good reason for it.
> Give me one, and I will change it.

Let's try:

  when one wants to shift-select the entry one cannot select it
  entirely because the cursor cannot reach the end of the line,
  which is especially annoying for links.

Besides that (only good) reason, I guess it just looks weird...
I reported this problem before as well.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org-mode version 6.30trans; Cursor does not move to end-of-line in agenda view
@ 2009-09-26  7:37     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-26  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 24, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> yes, Org does not allow to put the cursor at the end of the line in
>> the agenda.  This is an artifact and hast to do with the fact that
>> the
>> agenda often looks at text properties to access information about the
>> item.  The \n does not have those properties.
>>
>> I could fix this, but I don't actually see a good reason for it.
>> Give me one, and I will change it.
>
> Let's try:
>
>  when one wants to shift-select the entry one cannot select it
>  entirely because the cursor cannot reach the end of the line,
>  which is especially annoying for links.
>
> Besides that (only good) reason, I guess it just looks weird...
> I reported this problem before as well.

OK, I gave it a try - lets see what it breaks....

- Carsten

* Re: Org-mode version 6.30trans; Cursor does not move to end-of-line in agenda view
@ 2009-09-28 23:56       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-09-28 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> Besides that (only good) reason, I guess it just looks weird...
>> I reported this problem before as well.
>
> OK, I gave it a try - lets see what it breaks....

Works nice so far, thanks a lot!

--
 Bastien