* '=' and highlight
@ 2012-01-03 18:24 sergio
From: sergio @ 2012-01-03 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

Why org mode highlights this lines with bright text color:

={motion}    indent code
==           indent line

?

From the first '=' till '=='.

--
sergio.

* Re: '=' and highlight
@ 2012-01-03 19:07 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-01-03 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

sergio <mailbox@sergio.spb.ru> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Why org mode highlights this lines with bright text color:
>
> ={motion}    indent code
> ==           indent line
>
> ?
>
> From the first '=' till '=='.

Hints:
(info "(org) Emphasis and monospace")

Put the cursor on a character in the indicated range and do

C-u C-x =

Look at the "face" property.

Nick

* Re: '=' and highlight
@ 2012-01-03 19:41   ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2012-01-03 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 01/03/2012 11:07 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Look at the "face" property.
face (org-code)

--
sergio.

* Re: '=' and highlight
@ 2012-01-03 21:42     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-01-03 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

sergio <mailbox@sergio.spb.ru> wrote:

> On 01/03/2012 11:07 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>

> > Look at the "face" property.
> face (org-code)

...and what does

   M-x describe-face RET org-code RET

say?

* Re: '=' and highlight
@ 2012-01-03 22:21       ` sergio
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: sergio @ 2012-01-03 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 01/04/2012 01:42 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> ...and what does
>
>    M-x describe-face RET org-code RET
>
> say?

Face for fixed-width text like code snippets.
    Foreground: unspecified
       Inherit: shadow

How org-mode decides, when to use this face?

--
sergio.

* Re: '=' and highlight
@ 2012-01-03 22:36         ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-01-03 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Sergio,

sergio wrote:
> On 01/04/2012 01:42 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>
>> ...and what does
>>
>>    M-x describe-face RET org-code RET
>>
>> say?
>
> Face for fixed-width text like code snippets.
>     Foreground: unspecified
>        Inherit: shadow
>

> How org-mode decides, when to use this face?

See the 2 following vars:

- org-emphasis-alist
  Variable: Special syntax for emphasized text.

- org-emphasis-regexp-components
  Variable: Components used to build the regular expression for
            emphasis.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: '=' and highlight
@ 2012-01-03 22:37         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-01-03 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

sergio <mailbox@sergio.spb.ru> wrote:

> On 01/04/2012 01:42 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>
> > ...and what does
> >
> >    M-x describe-face RET org-code RET
> >
> > say?
>
> Face for fixed-width text like code snippets.
>     Foreground: unspecified
>        Inherit: shadow

... and what does

 M-x describe-face RET shadow RET

say?

> How org-mode decides, when to use this face?

Did you check (info "(org) Emphasis and monospace")?

* Re: '=' and highlight
@ 2012-01-03 23:15         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-01-03 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sergio,

sergio <mailbox@sergio.spb.ru> writes:

> How org-mode decides, when to use this face?

See the docstring of `org-emphasis-regexp-components':

,----
| Components used to build the regular expression for emphasis.
| This is a list with five entries.  Terminology:  In an emphasis string
| like " *strong word* ", we call the initial space PREMATCH, the final
| space POSTMATCH, the stars MARKERS, "s" and "d" are BORDER characters
| and "trong wor" is the body.  The different components in this variable
| specify what is allowed/forbidden in each part:
|
| pre          Chars allowed as prematch.  Beginning of line will be allowed too.
| post         Chars allowed as postmatch.  End of line will be allowed too.
| border       The chars *forbidden* as border characters.
| body-regexp  A regexp like "." to match a body character.  Don't use
|              non-shy groups here, and don't allow newline here.
| newline      The maximum number of newlines allowed in an emphasis exp.
|
| Use customize to modify this, or restart Emacs after changing it.
`----

In your case, I think you want to prevent =...= to emphasize
(i.e. shadow) the text when the "border" character is `{'.

HTH,

--
 Bastien