* Timeline view as a custom agenda command
@ 2012-09-12 12:43 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-09-12 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I'd like to get the timeline view as an agenda custom command, because I'd
like reports to be automated for a particular Org file (eventually with its
contents exported to HTML, for example).

Though, such trials fail ("Invalid custom agenda command type timeline"):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
               '("A"
                 timeline ""
                 ;; ... specify on which file
  ))
#+end_src

I guess it's because the concept of "current buffer" is not expressable as is?

Though, is there a workaround for this to work?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Invalid custom agenda command type timeline
@ 2012-09-13  8:23 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-09-13  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
> I'd like to get the timeline view as an agenda custom command, because I'd
> like reports to be automated for a particular Org file (eventually with its
> contents exported to HTML, for example).
>
> Though, such trials fail ("Invalid custom agenda command type timeline"):
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>                '("A"
>                  timeline ""
>                  ;; ... specify on which file
>   ))
> #+end_src
>
> I guess it's because the concept of "current buffer" is not expressable as is?

This last sentence is wrong, as `occur-tree' is well a custom agenda command,
and works on the current buffer (at call time).

So, is there a more fundamental reason why timeline does not exist?  Will this
ever be changed?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Timeline view as a custom agenda command
@ 2012-09-18  7:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-18  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Sébastien,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Though, such trials fail ("Invalid custom agenda command type timeline"):
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>                '("A"
>                  timeline ""
>                  ;; ... specify on which file
>   ))
> #+end_src
>
> I guess it's because the concept of "current buffer" is not
> expressable as is?

Nope, that's because "timeline" is not a valid agenda type.

Days for the timeline are counted anyway, as this command is
obsoleted by other agenda commands.

If you spot something that you have with `org-timeline' and
can't really emulate with an agenda command let us know and
we'll see how to implement it.

 Bastien