* ELPA org-mode daily build(s)?
@ 2012-09-14 12:16 George McNinch
From: George McNinch @ 2012-09-14 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi--

The FAQ here:

    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html

still asserts that

,----
[ Daily builds of Org-mode are distributed as an ELPA package
`----

But as far as I can tell, those builds have not been appearing ... daily
(for a few weeks now):

    http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/

Probably not too big a deal, but it seems a bit confusing.

best,
gm

--
  ,-------
  | George McNinch <gmcninch@gmail.com>
  | http://gmcninch.math.tufts.edu
  `-------

* Re: ELPA org-mode daily build(s)?
@ 2012-09-18  8:11 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-18  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George McNinch; +Cc: Jason Dunsmore, emacs-orgmode

Hi George,

George McNinch <gmcninch@gmail.com> writes:

> The FAQ here:
>
>     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html
>
> still asserts that
>
> ,----
> [ Daily builds of Org-mode are distributed as an ELPA package
> `----
>
> But as far as I can tell, those builds have not been appearing ... daily
> (for a few weeks now):
>
>     http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/
>
> Probably not too big a deal, but it seems a bit confusing.

There is a daily cron job for this on the server.

I just tested the script launched each day and the ELPA package has been
correctly produced.  I'm not sure what's the problem here, copying Jason
in case he has an idea.

 Bastien

* Re: ELPA org-mode daily build(s)?
@ 2012-09-18 12:11   ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2012-09-18 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: George McNinch, emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Sep 18 2012, Bastien wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> George McNinch <gmcninch@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The FAQ here:
>>
>>     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html
>>
>> still asserts that
>>
>> ,----
>> [ Daily builds of Org-mode are distributed as an ELPA package
>> `----
>>
>> But as far as I can tell, those builds have not been appearing ... daily
>> (for a few weeks now):
>>
>>     http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/
>>
>> Probably not too big a deal, but it seems a bit confusing.
>
> There is a daily cron job for this on the server.
>
> I just tested the script launched each day and the ELPA package has been
> correctly produced.  I'm not sure what's the problem here, copying Jason
> in case he has an idea.

Here's the error log:
http://orgmode.org/build-org-pkg.txt

It was failing on the "make elpa" step.  I couldn't reproduce the errors
when I ran the script manually.  The package was successfully updated:
http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/

The error that caused it to fail was:

/bin/sh: emacs: command not found

I linked /usr/bin/emacs to /usr/local/bin/emacs.  Hopefully that will
fix it.

Regards,
Jason

* Re: ELPA org-mode daily build(s)?
@ 2012-09-18 19:51     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-09-18 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jason Dunsmore writes:
> The error that caused it to fail was:
>
> /bin/sh: emacs: command not found
>
> I linked /usr/bin/emacs to /usr/local/bin/emacs.  Hopefully that will
> fix it.

Better give the applications a full path in local.mk so that they don't
depend on whatever the shell gets set up with.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: ELPA org-mode daily build(s)?
@ 2012-09-19  7:39     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-19  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dunsmore; +Cc: George McNinch, emacs-orgmode

Hi Jason,

Jason Dunsmore <jason@dunsmor.com> writes:

> I linked /usr/bin/emacs to /usr/local/bin/emacs.  Hopefully that will
> fix it.

Apparently it did, as the ELPA package has been correctly created.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien