* New exporter and publishing to HTML with styles
@ 2013-04-07 21:42 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-07 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

I'm playing with the new exporter and publishing.  Everything seems to
be good except my style sheet details are missing.

There are :style entries in my org-publish-project-alist which seem to
be ignored -- there are no style details in the published HTML file
(see http://norang.ca/tmp/org-mode.html)

I'm publishing my org-mode.org page to a temporary location to see if it
is working as expected before updating the main site.

The stylesheet I want is specified with
:style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"http://doc.norang.ca/org.css\" type=\"text/css\" />"
but I don't get any style information in the resulting published file.

Is this supposed to work or do I need to add #+HTML_HEAD to each file
with the stylesheet information?  I'd prefer to set it only once for
the publishing location if possible (as it worked with the old
publishing system)

Thanks,
Bernt

The following was shortened to only the tmp publishing location settings.
(setq org-publish-project-alist
      ;
      ; http://www.norang.ca/  (norang website)
      ; norang-org are the org-files that generate the content
      ; norang-extra are images and css files that need to be included
      ; norang is the top-level project that gets published
      (quote (("tmp-org"
	       :base-directory "/tmp/publish/"
	       :publishing-directory "/ssh:www-data@www:~/www.norang.ca/htdocs/tmp"
	       :recursive t
	       :section-numbers nil
	       :table-of-contents nil
	       :base-extension "org"
	       :publishing-function (org-html-publish-to-html org-org-publish-to-org)
	       :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"http://doc.norang.ca/org.css\" type=\"text/css\" />"
	       :plain-source t
	       :htmlized-source t
	       :style-include-default nil
	       :auto-sitemap t
	       :sitemap-filename "index.html"
	       :sitemap-title "Test Publishing Area"
	       :sitemap-style "tree"
	       :author-info t
	       :creator-info t)
	      ("tmp-extra"
	       :base-directory "/tmp/publish/"
	       :publishing-directory "/ssh:www-data@www:~/www.norang.ca/htdocs/tmp"
	       :base-extension "css\\|pdf\\|png\\|jpg\\|gif"
	       :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
	       :recursive t
	       :author nil)
	      ("tmp"
	       :components ("tmp-org" "tmp-extra")))))--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

* Re: New exporter and publishing to HTML with styles
@ 2013-04-07 21:46 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-07 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> I'm playing with the new exporter and publishing.  Everything seems to
> be good

Nice.

> except my style sheet details are missing.

Not nice. ;)

> There are :style entries in my org-publish-project-alist which seem to
> be ignored -- there are no style details in the published HTML file
> (see http://norang.ca/tmp/org-mode.html)
>
> I'm publishing my org-mode.org page to a temporary location to see if it
> is working as expected before updating the main site.
>
> The stylesheet I want is specified with
> :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"http://doc.norang.ca/org.css\" type=\"text/css\" />"
> but I don't get any style information in the resulting published file.
>
> Is this supposed to work or do I need to add #+HTML_HEAD to each file
> with the stylesheet information?  I'd prefer to set it only once for
> the publishing location if possible (as it worked with the old
> publishing system)

See `org-html-head' docstring. It should be :html-head property,
not :style.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: New exporter and publishing to HTML with styles
@ 2013-04-07 22:32   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-07 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> I'm playing with the new exporter and publishing.  Everything seems to
>> be good
>
> Nice.
>
>> except my style sheet details are missing.
>
> Not nice. ;)
>
>> There are :style entries in my org-publish-project-alist which seem to
>> be ignored -- there are no style details in the published HTML file
>> (see http://norang.ca/tmp/org-mode.html)
>>
>> I'm publishing my org-mode.org page to a temporary location to see if it
>> is working as expected before updating the main site.
>>
>> The stylesheet I want is specified with
>> :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"http://doc.norang.ca/org.css\" type=\"text/css\" />"
>> but I don't get any style information in the resulting published file.
>>
>> Is this supposed to work or do I need to add #+HTML_HEAD to each file
>> with the stylesheet information?  I'd prefer to set it only once for
>> the publishing location if possible (as it worked with the old
>> publishing system)
>
> See `org-html-head' docstring. It should be :html-head property,
> not :style.

OK :)  I looked at the texinfo documentation that still specifies
:style.

I added these details to the worg 8.0 page.

Thanks!
Bernt