* [help] How to ignore a head but don't ignore it's subhead when export
@ 2013-06-18 12:25 Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2013-06-18 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

#+begin_org

* headA
** headB

#+end_org

When export to latex, how to ignore headA and don't ignore headB?

Thanks

* Re: [help] How to ignore a head but don't ignore it's subhead when export
@ 2013-06-18 13:38 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-18 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Feng Shu; +Cc: orgmode

Hi Feng,

Feng Shu <tumashu@gmail.com> writes:

> #+begin_org
>
> * headA
> ** headB
>
> #+end_org
>
> When export to latex, how to ignore headA and don't ignore headB?

You can't, sorry.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [help] How to ignore a head but don't ignore it's subhead when export
@ 2013-06-18 13:47   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-06-18 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dnia 2013-06-18, o godz. 15:38:27
Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> napisał(a):

> Hi Feng,
>
> Feng Shu <tumashu@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > #+begin_org
> >
> > * headA
> > ** headB
> >
> > #+end_org
> >
> > When export to latex, how to ignore headA and don't ignore headB?
>
> You can't, sorry.

You can (probably), but on the LaTeX side, by redefining \section,
\subsection etc.

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: [help] How to ignore a head but don't ignore it's subhead when export
@ 2013-06-18 14:09   ` Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2013-06-18 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Feng,
>
> Feng Shu <tumashu@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> #+begin_org
>>
>> * headA
>> ** headB
>>
>> #+end_org
>>
>> When export to latex, how to ignore headA and don't ignore headB?
>
> You can't, sorry.

Thanks for the information

* Re: [help] How to ignore a head but don't ignore it's subhead when export
@ 2013-06-18 15:45 ` Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2013-06-18 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Feng Shu <tumashu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> #+begin_org
>
> * headA
> ** headB
>
> #+end_org
>
> When export to latex, how to ignore headA and don't ignore headB?

With a tag. See this:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/67692

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: [help] How to ignore a head but don't ignore it's subhead when export
@ 2013-06-19  0:15   ` Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2013-06-19  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> Feng Shu <tumashu <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> #+begin_org
>>
>> * headA
>> ** headB
>>
>> #+end_org
>>
>> When export to latex, how to ignore headA and don't ignore headB?
>>

> With a tag. See this:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/67692

It's very useful, thanks very much!

I use it show a beautiful construct of article.

---------------------------------------

* Abstract   :ignoreheading:

#+LATEX: \begin{myabstract}

#+LATEX: \end{myabstract}

* bibliography :ignoreheading:
#+LATEX: \bibliographystyle{GBT7714-2005NLang-UTF8}
#+LATEX: \bibliography{hbuuthesis}

---------------------------------------

@ 2013-06-19  8:29     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-06-19  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> * Abstract   :ignoreheading:
>
> #+LATEX: \begin{myabstract}
> #+LATEX: \end{myabstract}

You can do #+begin_myabstract\n ... #+end_myabstract.

–Rasmus

--
. . . It begins of course with The Internet.  A Net of Peers.