* :header-args: over several lines?
@ 2014-06-25 21:05 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-06-25 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I want to add many variables to a subtree. But it seems
that :header-args: only allows one line - is this true? In my case, this
line would be exceedingly long and very difficult to debug.

Is there a way of having :header-args: span several lines (like var+)?

Thanks,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* Re: :header-args: over several lines?
@ 2014-06-26  0:01 ` Aaron Ecay
From: Aaron Ecay @ 2014-06-26  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug, emacs-orgmode

2014ko ekainak 25an, Rainer M Krug-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hi
>
> I want to add many variables to a subtree. But it seems
> that :header-args: only allows one line - is this true? In my case, this
> line would be exceedingly long and very difficult to debug.
>
> Is there a way of having :header-args: span several lines (like var+)?

Exactly that should work, i.e. using header-args+:

,----

`----

--
Aaron Ecay

* Re: :header-args: over several lines?
@ 2014-06-26 12:34   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-06-26 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Aaron Ecay <aaronecay@gmail.com> writes:

> 2014ko ekainak 25an, Rainer M Krug-ek idatzi zuen:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to add many variables to a subtree. But it seems
>> that :header-args: only allows one line - is this true? In my case, this
>> line would be exceedingly long and very difficult to debug.
>>
>> Is there a way of having :header-args: span several lines (like var+)?
>
> Exactly that should work, i.e. using header-args+:

And it does - should be added to the manual in the example.

Along the same lines:

When I use

,----
| :header-args: :var RNGKIND="Mersenne-Twister"
| :header-args+: :var RNGNORMALKIND="Inversion"
`----

both variables are transferred - is var+ generally redundant, or i=only
in this case?

Thanks,

Rainer

@ 2014-07-07  0:01     ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-07-07  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Along the same lines:
>
> When I use
>
> ,----
> | :header-args: :var RNGKIND="Mersenne-Twister"
> | :header-args+: :var RNGNORMALKIND="Inversion"
> `----
>
> both variables are transferred - is var+ generally redundant, or i=only
> in this case?

When I start using :var+ or :header-args+, it mostly does not work for me.
What is the syntax for this? Why and how is this used?

* Test
** Works 1
   :PROPERTIES:
   :header-args: :var x=3
   :header-args+: :var y=4
   :END:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (+ x y)
#+end_src

#+results:
: 7

(but does not work when variables reference other src_blocks, see my
bug report about :header-args:)

** Works 2

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var u=2 v=3
 (+ u v)
#+end_src

#+results:
: 5

** Works 3

#+header: :var u=2
#+header: :var v=3
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (+ u v)
#+end_src

#+results:
: 5

#+headers: :var u=2
#+headers: :var v=3
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (+ u v)
#+end_src

#+results:
: 5

** Does not work

#+header-args: :var u=2
#+header-args+: :var v=3
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (+ u v)
#+end_src

=> progn: Symbol's value as variable is void: u

#+header-args: :var u=2
#+header-args+: :var+ v=3
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (+ u v)
#+end_src

=> progn: Symbol's value as variable is void: u

#+var: u=2
#+var+: v=3
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (+ u v)
#+end_src

=> progn: Symbol's value as variable is void: u

#+var: u=2 v=3
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (+ u v)
#+end_src

=> progn: Symbol's value as variable is void: u

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var u=2 :var+ v=3
 (+ u v)
#+end_src

=> progn: Symbol's value as variable is void: v

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: :header-args: over several lines?
@ 2014-07-27 23:05     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-07-27 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

>> Exactly that should work, i.e. using header-args+:
>
> And it does - should be added to the manual in the example.

Can you provide a patch for this?

--
 Bastien