* After org-agenda-tag-filter-preset, (search ".") seems to break.
@ 2014-10-20 10:31 Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-10-20 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

For a global search, the result of custom command `g' seems to work,
while the custom command `f' fails. I am guessing this has to do with
`search' block is not tied in strongly to the greater set of custom
command tools, but wanted to bring it to your attention in case it was
found to be unwanted behavior.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("g" "Global search"
         ((search ".")))
        ("f" "Global search after tag filter"
         ((search "."))
         ((org-agenda-tag-filter-preset '("+work"))))))
#+END_SRC

In other words, the regexp wildcard `.' works with `(search ".")'
alone, but seems to fail after a tag-filter, i.e. only headlines with
periods in them work.

--
Brady

* Re: After org-agenda-tag-filter-preset, (search ".") seems to break.
@ 2014-10-20 12:45 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-10-20 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brady Trainor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Brady,

Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:

> For a global search, the result of custom command `g' seems to work,
> while the custom command `f' fails. I am guessing this has to do with
> `search' block is not tied in strongly to the greater set of custom
> command tools, but wanted to bring it to your attention in case it was
> found to be unwanted behavior.
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>       '(("g" "Global search"
>          ((search ".")))
>         ("f" "Global search after tag filter"
>          ((search "."))
>          ((org-agenda-tag-filter-preset '("+work"))))))
> #+END_SRC
>
> In other words, the regexp wildcard `.' works with `(search ".")'
> alone, but seems to fail after a tag-filter, i.e. only headlines with
> periods in them work.

I cannot reproduce this: with your custom agenda views, when I hit
`C-c a f' in my agendas (with a different tag matching something here)
I do get a list of all items with the tag, including items that don't
have a dot in them.

Can you share a reproducible recipe with a minimal example?

 Bastien