* Strange behavior with block agendas
@ 2015-02-06 10:02 Yuri Niyazov
From: Yuri Niyazov @ 2015-02-06 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

If a block agenda exists, with say, agenda on top and todo on the
bottom, then by default it opens to "today". It is possible then to
press j and select a different date to go to. After that, if we hit
"r" to redisplay, we get different behavior:
  - If the point is in the agenda section of the buffer, then the
agenda is redisplayed with the date that was selected after hitting
"j"
  - If the point is in the todo section of the buffer, then the agenda
is redisplayed with today's date.

Do you guys think this is correct behavior, or inconsistent behavior?

* Re: Strange behavior with block agendas
@ 2015-02-06 17:21 ` Subhan Michael Tindall
From: Subhan Michael Tindall @ 2015-02-06 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Yuri Niyazov', emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Where is point when you are hitting 'j'  in these cases?

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.

* Re: Strange behavior with block agendas
@ 2015-02-06 19:58   ` Yuri Niyazov
From: Yuri Niyazov @ 2015-02-06 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subhan Michael Tindall; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

>> If a block agenda exists, with say, agenda on top and todo on the bottom,
>> then by default it opens to "today". It is possible then to press j and select a
>> different date to go to. After that, if we hit "r" to redisplay, we get different
>> behavior:
>>   - If the point is in the agenda section of the buffer, then the agenda is
>> redisplayed with the date that was selected after hitting "j"
>>   - If the point is in the todo section of the buffer, then the agenda is
>> redisplayed with today's date.
>>
>> Do you guys think this is correct behavior, or inconsistent behavior?
>
> Where is point when you are hitting 'j'  in these cases?

"j" is on the agenda. When I try to hit "j" on the todo list, I get a
"Not allowed in todo-type agenda buffers" message, so that's not
relevant. The same happens with "b"and "f"

* Re: Strange behavior with block agendas
@ 2015-02-10  1:51     ` Yuri Niyazov
From: Yuri Niyazov @ 2015-02-10  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subhan Michael Tindall; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

any further comment on this?

@ 2015-02-10 22:42       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-02-10 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Niyazov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Subhan Michael Tindall

Hello,

Yuri Niyazov <yuri.niyazov@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Where is point when you are hitting 'j'  in these cases?
>>
>> "j" is on the agenda. When I try to hit "j" on the todo list, I get a
>> "Not allowed in todo-type agenda buffers" message, so that's not
>> relevant. The same happens with "b"and "f"

It looks like a minor inconsistency. "r" should probably keep last
selected date. Would you want to provide a patch for that?

Nicolas Goaziou