* Multiple Indices
@ 2019-03-01  5:52 Robert Love
From: Robert Love @ 2019-03-01  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode list

I’m using Org mode to document some software.  When I see Texinfo used for this, I see that you can have a subject index and a variable index.  How do I achieve the same thing in Org mode?  Can someone point to examples of this?

* Re: Multiple Indices
@ 2019-03-01  8:15 ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2019-03-01  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Robert,
* Robert Love <rblove_lists@comcast.net> [2019-02-28; 23:52]:
> I’m using Org mode to document some software.  When I see
> Texinfo used for this, I see that you can have a subject index
> and a variable index.  How do I achieve the same thing in Org
> mode?  Can someone point to examples of this?

I don't know anything about texinfo, but the Org-mode manual has
three indices.  You may have a look at doc/org-manual.org.

Ciao; Gregor
--
 -... --- .-. . -.. ..--.. ...-.-

* Re: Multiple Indices
@ 2019-03-02 22:29   ` Robert Love
From: Robert Love @ 2019-03-02 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregor Zattler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I don’t understand this advice.   I went looking for the source for the Org manual and found it IS written in Texinfo.     This is version 8.2.10.   Is there a native Org mode manual written in Org?  If so, please provide the source location.

> On Mar 1, 2019, at 2:15 AM, Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Robert,
> * Robert Love <rblove_lists@comcast.net> [2019-02-28; 23:52]:
>> I’m using Org mode to document some software.  When I see
>> Texinfo used for this, I see that you can have a subject index
>> and a variable index.  How do I achieve the same thing in Org
>> mode?  Can someone point to examples of this?
>
> I don't know anything about texinfo, but the Org-mode manual has
> three indices.  You may have a look at doc/org-manual.org.
>
> Ciao; Gregor
> --
> -... --- .-. . -.. ..--.. ...-.-

—
Bob Love
"Save the books...BURN the censors!"

* Re: Multiple Indices
@ 2019-03-02 23:37     ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2019-03-02 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Robert,
* Robert Love <rblove@gmail.com> [2019-03-02; 16:29]:
> I don’t understand this advice.   I went looking for the source
> for the Org manual and found it IS written in Texinfo.     This
> is version 8.2.10.   Is there a native Org mode manual written
> in Org?

Yes since version 9 I think.  It will be part of emacs when a
newer version is bundled with a released version of emacs.

> If so, please provide the source location.

In the mean time:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/raw/master/doc/org-manual.org

Ciao; Gregor